Chapter 58: Funtime With The Unpredictable

Mangle's P.O.V

I honestly wasn't really unconformable being separated from my team, and just lacking confidence in myself didn't help. It had been a while since I went on a task by myself without the support of others to be there for me. During the first week when I arrived here in this world I was tasked with finding supplies to build our home ordered by Fredbear, since it was a test to see how I would handle the situation by myself without my old team consisting of: Toy Freddy, Toy Bonnie, and Toy Chica that weren't present to accompany me on the mission. Short story of it, I got trapped between a bunch of tress that I was trying to cut because I wasn't quick enough to evade and was left to wither myself for almost a day. The others eventually found me and I was named someone incapable of leaving the direction a tree would fall on me. Something that easily can change your confidence.

I could see the grounds of this fair as I walked through everything I touched that made me seem like a person with power. Power that I could kill myself with. "Now where is that button?" I asked looking around as I walked over near to the defenses of the Flipside that seemed to call out to us to be one of them. Finally I could see the button off near the entrance of the Flipside as I walked over to it, as I noticed something off about. Something quite beneficial for me. The button was completely out on the open with no lock on it, no means or protection to keep me from activating it. "Someone didn't think about adding protection to this button," I said to myself as I pushed it. The sound of one of the lasers deactivating assured me they did indeed work just as intended, however the sound of another one deactivating also let me know the others were well on their way to completing our job. "Looks like Springtrap got his activated. Just got to wait for the others now," I said to myself. Right when I finished my sentence I heard something behind me as I ducked my head to sight of Cosmic Song. As soon as I looked up I could see a weird version of me standing there; it felt like I was staring at a mirror of myself, only what the future of me would look like. "Figured they would leave some defenses present," I said as I threw Poppers at her. She dodged all of them as she used Happy Jam at me, while I ducked to the side with the attack managing to almost hit me as it disappeared from it's failure of purpose being wasted. "She's good," I said to myself. "Though perfect is nonexistent." I used my Poppers on her again as she dodged most of them before grabbing two and throwing them back at me. I was fortunate enough to react quick enough and duck to the side while the explosion rang in my ear receptors like flies in my ear. "She's unpredictable. I gotta use her same tactic and get her off guard," I said to myself. Now this thing was waiting for me to make a move as we both stared, observing if I would make the move she requested or if she would retract her offering. I squinted my eyes at her, showing I knew what she was planning. Without notice I used my Prize Ball as balloons appeared out of it as they all managed to try and hit her. She dodged most of them, though one managed to hit her. Even she couldn't predict that, only it was a one time thing now that she could predict that the next time the probability of it being the attack would be expected. She in return used Cosmic Song as I used Poppers while throwing them at her attack. My Poppers managed to hit her attack and exploded, annihilating both of our attacks. Without notice I used Bite on her as I managed to do damage on her, her match was now her priority to prove wrong. She used her Cosmic Song attack on me as I stood in place for a moment, just to make things seem off for her. Right when it was in proximity of me I ducked out of the way of the attack while using Bite on her, managing to hit her. "I need to deal a hard blow on her to end this," I said to myself. I threw my Prize Ball, though without even a second to spawn the desired attack picked the fox used Cosmic Song on it, destroying it before it even had a chance to serve it's purpose. Right after she had used that attack I threw my Poppers at her while she used Happy Jam to deflect my attack. Right when both attacks made contact and exploded I ran around the explosion as I threw my Poppers at her again. However this time there was no time for her to react as she was hit by them, as I used Bite on her at the same time. She used Cosmic Song at me, and this time she was lucky to hit me. I stumbled a little to see my health was at about nineteen from that attack, knowing there was a chance of failure. "If I'm going to be done for, then I'll honor myself by trying to at least free another unfortunate victim," I said as I used Bite on her. The attack missed her as she charged at me, while getting ready to use one of her attacks. "Oh, so you would like to go out like a coward and get yourself destroyed? You're going out this way. Not me," I said as I charged at her. As soon as we were close enough we both jumped to the side, as I threw my Prize Ball at her Cosmic Song she managed to summon. The explosion sent her back since her attack didn't have the time to even reach it's destination as she took damage from it. As soon as I hit the ground I threw Poppers at her and used Bite at the same time. After the smoke cleared from my attack I could see her still laying on the ground; defeat was what she brought with her. "Guess everyone was right about being a leader. And a loner," I said as I walked over to her. She groaned in pain and with no memory of that event as she opened her eyes and looked up. "Where am I?" she asked looking around. "How did I get here?" "Long story," I said offering my hand for her take to get her off the ground. She grabbed my hand as I pulled her off the ground, tainting her with my friendliness to her. "What's your name?" I asked. "Funtime Foxy," she responded. 'Funtime Foxy! Springtrap mentioned her, so this could be the same person that's Funtime Freddy's girlfriend,' I thought. "How did I end up here? I remember being at a lake but there seems to be a gap that's missing from my mind with many other memories," she said. "Well, there's a lot to explain but you've been in control of a terrible evil here that seeks to control our world and reforge it into their own image. You were just a sample of it," I said. "Whoa... That's a lot to take in," she responded. "I can imagine. Me and others are here to rescue others that have been succumb to this manipulative way and work together and enter the Flipside, which is the home world of this evil," I explained. "I got a team that will meet here soon enough to finish this. All I want to ask of you is will you be here at the end of an era of corruption with us?" Funtime Foxy looked to the side, thinking of her response, until she finally turned to share it. "I may have just met you, but I feel you and me could get along pretty well. I'll join you, if it means finding friends and vanquishing this evil you speak of," she responded. "You've already found your first ally," I responded. "And your family that will always be there for you."