Chapter 20: The Gift Of Life

Springtrap's P.O.V

"I thinks it's best we help the others now. They could use the help," said Marionette looking towards the direction where the others were fighting the giant eyeball. "What is that?" asked Phantom Chica. "A giant eye," I responded. "Oh, that thing ain't nothing compared to what I am," said Phantom Chica running over to where the others were. "So much for staying as a group," I said. "At least she's eager to destroy that thing," responded Marionette. "That's the one positive that shows she's on our side. Or that means she'll do the same to us," I said. "I'm guessing it's because you know her," said Marionette. "Yes. And unfortunately she's not the only phantom version of the animatronics that exists. But I know there's worse things that exist besides her in this world , and I have the feeling we'll be meeting them eventually. How soon is yet to be determined," I said. "I guess we better help them before we're the cause of their demise. And I don't want to be responsible for that. I've already been the cause of a lot of things." I darted to the others that were still in battle, while Marionette followed behind me. They seemed to be struggling, but the tide would soon be turned. As I approached the others Phantom Chica went behind the giant eye; she had it's attention drawn to her now. "I see you got Phantom Chica unglitched," said Mangle as she turned to face me, while Marionette stopped behind me. "Yep! I'll say though, she's thirsty for a fight," I said as the both of us turned to the direction where she and the giant eye were. She used her Toxic Bite to weaken it, as she threw her giant rocks at it as well. The things terrifying scream almost intoxicated my mind with it's pain, something you would hear out of a horror movie. You always had the thought that the worst would never exist; it was unnatural for it to occur in reality. But with the things I've experienced during my time, it does make you question life as a whole. "You... do we help her?" asked Bonnie. "She could use the help, but that thing creeps me out," said Freddy. "Not my decision," I added in. "Quiet it you all, we're helping her," said Mangle. "The phantoms are only fragments left of the broken bones of the innocent. Even their flesh exposes their grief and anger. Feelings I feed off of," I said having my eyes illuminate purple. "What in the world is wrong with you?" asked Freddy. "It's just my glitch, that's not going to weigh my determination down," I said running into battle. "I didn't give you permission to take point!" yelled Mangle. I didn't bother to respond as I started using Springlocks on the giant eye. Right when it turned around to face me it was hit from behind as I could see the silhouette of Phantom Chica, showing it was her who was attacking this thing. The others caught up with me, as they started attacking the giant eye with me to prevail the obstacle preventing us to obtain the gift of life. After about a minute the giant eye started exploding, forcing itself to succumb to the pawns used only for entertainment and death. Screw, bolts, and the legs of the thing fell on the ground into a pile, as he stood accepting another victory for our team. And yet knowing this was one less battle towards the creator of these creatures of the future we had to encounter. "Oh my god, the legs are still intact. Get those things away from me!" said Chica looking away. "Suck it up. You should be glad it's not one of us in pieces," said Mangle as she walked up to me. "As for you, I rather not have the same discussion from earlier about who takes point." She walked away as Bonnie looked at me, awaiting for my response on the matter. "She should be pleased that I at least didn't ask for a thank you," I said following behind her now. I could see Phantom Chica was now kicking the remains of the giant eyeball, while insulting it at the same time. "That's right! Look who made you blind now!" she exclaimed. "It's nice to know someone who likes to switch destruction with our enemies, but we have a mission to complete. And that's by getting that chip," said Mangle. "And we got what we're looking for," said Marionette as we all turned to where she was. We all walked over and hovered over her to see what she had found. Against the end of this hallway was a chest, one that was unlocked. Yet it was familiar, like something I should be remembering about. "What's wrong? You're giving off a face," asked Freddy. "I don't know. It's just seems to remind of something," I said still looking at the chest. "Like?" asked Bonnie. "I... can't recall," I responded. "Anyways, this should hold it," said Marionette opening the chest. "And it sure didn't lie." In the center of the chest was the chip, presenting itself and what it was capable of. "Looks like we got what we didn't intend to get, but it is a granted one," said Freddy. "Yeah. And the miracles don't stop arriving," I said looking across the end of the hall. All the way down I could seem the image of a clock engraved in the wall; the path to fixing my mistakes. "You see the signature for the clock," assumed Bonnie. "Yeah," I responded walking over to it. "I'll need to get... well, Springbonnie's remains in order to bring her back to life," said Marionette. "We'll help with that. Springtrap, we need you to spare a couple minutes to help us," commanded Mangle. "I rather deal with the stupid challenge this clock has," I said walking over to where it was. "You sure? We all could use the extra support. Besides you're during her a favor," said Bonnie. "You don't need me, it's an easy assignment you can all handle on you own," I responded turning around. "It's not about needing assistance, it focuses more on appreciating and respecting your friends. Even in death," said Mangle. "She has the opportunity of living forever, that's a curse I can't respect. There is no point in celebrating death when you know you can cheat it at it's own game," I said. "There is no title or reward to be earned by it, only torture." Nobody said a word as I turned back around and walked to where the clock was. "Maybe you can't appreciate seeing the ones you loved again," said Mangle. I didn't respond as I kept walking. 'The only people I would like to see again who are gone are Shadow Freddy and... mom,' I thought. 'Just to say goodbye. A proper one.'