3.

Charlie's POV

I was waiting for Mads our in the warm up room. She just went for a chat with some of the boys in the meeting room. I have never felt more nervous. I know she is best friends with all of them which made me even more nervous knowing they would all interrogate me when they are done. If that's something I have to do for Madison then I will go through it, if it means I can be with her. She is so amazing. I never thought I could find a girl like her. I have been so unlucky, but who knew the girl I was looking for was right in front of me this whole time.

After 30 minutes, I saw the 5 boys marching towards me. They grabbed my hands and dragged me to the meeting room. Mads just giggled as they took me. God that giggle gets me every time. They sat me down in the room and all stood in front of me.

"Look Charlie-" Matthew started off.

"Matt wait" I told him. "I just wanted to say I know you guys are her best friends and all want to protect her and I totally get that. I also want to say how much I like her. I really want to see where we could go and I hope you guys can accept that" I told them. I had to get that out so they knew.

"Charlie, we were gonna say how we want her to be happy and if pursuing a relationship with you makes her happy, then we all approve" Jack told me. I was surprised by what they said. I thought Mads said I was gonna be interrogated.

"But at the same time, if you hurt my sister like her ex did, I will hurt you Charlie" Matthew said to me.

"What did her ex do?" I asked.

"Well she doesn't really like to talk about it" Jacob told me which I understood. This made me more nervous though. I don't know what to expect.

"Madison's ex was from when we lived in Perth" Matt explained.

"Okay...." I said wondering where this was going.

"They we're together in high school for 2 years. His name is Alex" Matt told me. I could see he was getting angry just thinking about him.

"Mads and Matt were going through a tough time and we're flying back and fourth between Perth and Melbourne" Caleb explained.

"Alex had been....hitting Mads and sexually assaulted her during their relationship. She didn't tell anyone" Jack said.

"Then Alex started ignoring her and she didn't know what was going on" Matt said.

"Then one day she walked in on him with some girl in bed. She was broken, she was a wreck and I had to look after her. It took everything in me not to hurt him, but she needed me so I couldn't. Then Alex was arrested for sexual assault" Matt explained.

She had been through so much. Now I understand why they were so protective of her.

"I can't believe someone would do that to her. She doesn't deserve that, no one does. That makes me sick" I told them. They nodded as if they understood.
I had another question for them.

"Um, how did you guys all meet?" I asked. I didn't really understand how they all met and became friends.

"Uhhh Matt?" Patrick said.

"She wants him to know Pat" Matt stated.

"Well 8 years ago. Matt and I were drafted to Carlton. We both played round 1 and Mads and her family went to watch the game to support both of us cause I was Matt's best friend at the club and our families were friends in Perth. Mads decided to go in the car with her dad on the way back" Patrick explained.

"Okay..." I said cautiously.

"Mads and her dad were in an accident on the way back from the game. There was an drunk driver in the other car and he came from the side and hit them and rolled the car" Jacob said to me. I was starting to realise where this was going and I didn't want to hear it, it couldn't be.

"Our dad died in that accident, Mads was in a coma for 2 months" Matt confessed to me.

"I saw that on the news" I said shakily. " I'm sorry Matt" I said while hugging him.

The club was really supportive and on that day every year the club had a tribute" Matt said.

I remembered it, the year I was drafted, I played round 1, I remember seeing Matt's family in the crowd and learned what happened. I saw Mads but I never realised who she was.

There was so much about Mads that I didn't know. She was such a gentle person yet she has been through so much pain. I wanted to know more about her and know why she is the way she is.

"Now you know" Patrick said. We all walked out of the room after that, back to the main group. I wanted hug Mads really badly. I walked up to her and wrapped her in a hug. She didn't have to say anything at all. This girl was something special and I knew I wanted to find out more about her.

_____

A/N

Sorry for the shorter chapter guys! I hope you enjoyed it though! Make sure you let me know any requests for future stories xx