28.

Mads POV

3 months later

Jaeger and I have been dating for 3 months. He is really sweet and kind to me. He always puts my feelings first, no matter what. He makes me really happy. I haven't seen Charlie in 3 months, since that day at the cafe. The boys told me that he was now with Danielle which hurt me a lot. I really can't be upset cause I have a boyfriend too, but Charlie told me he had no feelings for her, obviously he lied. It just told me that the kiss between them that ended our relationship, really did mean something. Otherwise he wouldn't be with her right now.

I was stuck between 2 people. I'm still in love with Charlie and I think Jaeger could tell. He didn't deserve this. He didn't deserve to be in a relationship with someone who wasn't 100% committed. I needed to tell him before I ruined our friendship as well as our relationship.

I texted Jaeger that I was coming over to his house. We were going to the dog park to talk. I got dressed into some black leggings, a white T-shirt and a white baggy cardigan. I put on my white sneakers and headed out the door with the dogs in hand. I drove to Jaegers house, I knocked on the door and he opened a few seconds later.

"Hey babe" he said as he kissed me.

"Hey" I said as I walked through the door.

"Ready to go?" I asked him.

"Yep" He replied. We made our way to the car and both got in. I drove to the park. When we got there, I let the dogs off and walked in the gate. Jaeger followed behind me. We started the usual route around the park.

After we walked for 30 minutes we sat down on a bench near the start of the circuit. This was the time I had to tell him. I took a deep breath. He could sense something was up. He looked over to me and held onto my hands. Tears started forming in my eyes and then dripping down my cheeks.

"Hey hey hey what's wrong Kenny?" He asked as he came to notice the look upon my face. he pulled mu body close to his and hugged me tightly.

"I'm sorry" I stated. I felt so bad for doing this to him, I really did love him. "I just want you to know that I really love you, a lot" I told him as I sat back up.

"I love you too" he said. He looked worried and I don't blame him, I blame myself. My tears started to get heavier. "Kenny it's okay, I know what you're going to say" he said. I looked up at him. My face was all scrunched up, I could taste the salt in my mouth.

"I'm sorry" I said again.

"It's okay, I knew this was going to happen eventually" he said.

"I just didn't want to drag you along if I wasn't 100% committed" I told him.

"I know, don't worry" he said.

"But all you've been is kind and loving and you deserve so much better I'm sorry" I told him.

"No, no Madison don't say that" he said which caught my attention, he never called me Madison.

"I will always love you Jaeger" I told him.

"I know, I'll always love you too Mads" he said.

"I'm so sorry" I said to him.

"Don't be, you and Charlie are meant to be together" he said.

"I don't want to lose you, you are still my best friend Jaeg" I said to him.

"Hey, look at me. You are not going to lose me. This breakup is not the end of our friendship too Madison" He said. Hearing him call this a breakup was really a wake up call for me.