42.

Mads POV

My plans for improving my footy fitness had completely gone down the drain. I wanted to start running months before my preseason so I could have a better season with my fitness improved. But I had been sick for a week now, ever since we got back from Bora Bora. It was constant throwing up. I was nauseous and liable to vomit at the slightest provocation. And it lasted all damn day. How could anything so natural feel so bad? It was worse than gastric flu, at least with the flu you knew it would be over in a few days.

Charlie was really worried that I got a virus while we were over there or a bug or something. Some friends of mine did get sick when they went over there so I knew it was a possibility. But it couldn't be food related cause Charlie and I ate the same things and he feels fine. He had been taking care of me all week and not focusing on his footy. I kept telling him to work on his training because I didn't want to him to fall behind. I knew if he did, his footy wouldn't benefit from it. He was really good at taking care of me though and I definitely wasn't complaining.

I hadn't seen anyone since we got back but the girls insisted on coming over today so Charlie could get out. I didn't really want to talk to anyone else but I was going to do it for Charlie's sake, he really needed a break. I hadn't told the girls I was still sick. They knew I was before, but they thought it was only for a few days.

I was laying in bed on my phone after waking up a few hours ago from vomiting. I get up at the crack of dawn with the urge to vomit. It interrupts my sleeping pattern as well as Charlie's.

I was going to get up and start to get ready for the day when Charlie came into the room looking ready to go.

"I'm going out with the boys, the girls will be here soon. Are you sure you'll be okay?" He said.

"Yeah I'll be fine, go have fun" I told him.

"Thanks, I love you" He said kissed my forehead and walked out the door.

"Love you too" I yelled and then I heard the front door shut.

10 minutes later, I was still in bed on my phone when I heard the front door open. I heard loud footsteps and then my bedroom door opened. Mon and Grace walked into my room looking excited. They came and sat on my bed looking at me, pitying the state I was in.

"Are you really still sick" Mon said sympathetically.

"Yes. It's not stop vomiting all morning" I said back.

"What do you think it is?" Mon asked.

"I'm not sure, maybe a virus or something from the trip" I told them.

"Well is there a chance it could be something else?" Grace asked as she looked at me with eyebrows raised.

"I guess, it depends what you are referring to" I said.

"Is there a chance you could be pregnant?" Grace asked. Mon and Grace looked at each other excitedly. I just looked down at my hands thinking about the possibility. It's an exciting possibility. But I definitely don't want to get my hopes up. Charlie and I have talked about having kids. But we were going to wait a bit longer.

I haven't got my period in a while so Grace could definitely be right. I could possibly be pregnant...wow. It was weird to think about it.

"Oh my god I could be pregnant" I yelled jumping out of bed, as the realisation of it all came to me.

"Do you have any tests here?" Mon asked.

"Yeah I have some in the bathroom cupboard. Should I take one?" I asked them. I had some sitting around from when Mikayla found out she was pregnant. She was with me when she found out a few years ago. She bought lots of tests and gave me the spares.