37.

Mads POV

Today is my 28th birthday. It was currently 7:30 in the morning because I always woke up earlier on my birthday. I opened my phone to see a billion messages from friends and family. I looked over to see an empty spot beside me in bed. The door then opened, Charlie walked in holding a tray. He placed it down on my lap as I sat up against the bed frame. It was avocado toast and eggs with fruit and orange juice.

"Happy birthday babe" he said kissing me sweetly.

"Thank you" I said.

"I'll be right back" he said before walking into the walk in wardrobe and walking back out a few minutes later. He was holding a couple of presents.

"Charlie, you didn't have to do that" I said to him.

"I really did" he replied. He laid them out on the bed. I began opening them.

An hour later, I opened all my presents and ate my breakfast with Charlie. He got me some dresses, a pair of boots, some earrings and jewellery and some candles. He also got me a beautiful arrangement of roses. I barely expected to get this much. 28 wasn't big in any way but in the time I've known Charlie, he has always put so much effort into birthdays. It was really cute and it just made me excited for the rest of the day I had ahead of me.

Today I was going to have lunch at a winery nearby, with my closest friends. Then tonight, I was having a party at a hotel rooftop with all my family and friends. I hadn't had a party in a few years and with everything that has happened this year, I felt like I somehow deserved one.

I got out of bed and hopped in the shower, Charlie joined me as another birthday present....once we were done 'showering' we both got out and got ready for the lunch. I put on a black dress with tied straps.

I put on some white sneakers to go along with it

I put on some white sneakers to go along with it. I then grabbed my purse. I put on some perfume and brushed through my wavy hair. I grabbed my gold band sunglasses and put them on my head.

"Ready?" I asked Charlie

"Yep" he answered as we walked out the door. We both walked outside the door, I locked it behind me. I turned around to see a long white limo parked outside the house.