30.

Mads POV

It's probably been about 2 weeks since I told Charlie I loved him. I was still living at home with my mum. The boys had been so supportive of me and all my drama. I had been talking to them a lot. They were telling me about Charlie and what he was up to cause they knew from training. Besides them, I was only talking to Mum and Dad. I was keeping a low profile. I didn't want any attention from the situation. I hadn't seen the girls in a while also. Even though we live together, they both had a work trip.

I still hadn't told Matt cause I knew he would have a huge reaction. I knew he would find out sooner or later but I didn't want to be the one to tell him. I didn't want to get Charlie in any more trouble. The boys were already not talking to him and either was I. I knew it was going to hurt to see him again but I had spent the whole week mentally preparing myself for this day. I keep reliving the situation of that night over and over again in my head. Every time I do, tears begin to appear as I think about the way he looked at me. The guilt in his eyes as Danielle said those things to me. It was unimaginable that he would do that sort of thing.

Today I was going to get over myself and go hang out with my favourite people. Caleb and Pat were having a barbecue get together today. They invited a lot of boys from the club. I wasn't completely sure if Charlie was going to be there. I wasn't really ready to see him but I had to get over it. I can't avoid him forever. I just knew if he was there, everything would be revealed to everyone. I didn't want to make a scene. I just wanted to enjoy myself.

I got dressed for the day into a white dress with thin straps and buttons down the whole way. I put on my swade brown slides to go with my dress. I packed my straw bag with my keys, bikini and a towel.

Once I was packed I said bye to mum and got in the car

Once I was packed I said bye to mum and got in the car. Pat told me that Charlie wasn't supposed to come so that made me feel better.

I didn't think I had nothing to worry about because Charlie wasn't coming. I wasn't too worried about him if he did come but I knew it would be uncomfortable.

I stopped at the shops and bought some beer and some chips to contribute to the food. I then continued driving to their house. When I got there I walked in and there wasn't many people there. I walked outside where everyone was standing and talking. They all noticed me walk through the door and their expressions all changed to a smile.