epilogue

5 years later

Mads POV

My life has really changed since I met Charlie. I am now 33, Charlie's 35. He has already retired from AFL as a champion of the club and a champion of the game, along with Pat, Jack, Caleb and Jacob. Our first born Noah was 5. He wasn't alone though. We had a girl 2 1/2 years after Noah called Georgia Paige Curnow who is 2 1/2. Then 20 months later I gave birth to my 3rd and final child, Robin Sophia Curnow who is almost 1. I couldn't be happier with the life I had with my beautiful family. I was in the final years of my footy career. I had played 150 games for Carlton in my 15 years. Considering the seasons are much shorter. AFLW has expanded in the best ways. I am so happy playing the game and I am over the moon to be a one club player.

I was going to continue vet nursing until I thought the kids needed me more. Once they got older, they would start to need me around much more and our lives would be better off with me staying home. I still loved animals and treating the animals so I wasn't planning on leaving anytime soon. I worked too hard to give it up that easily. It wasn't going to happen.

We were living in a 2 story house in Richmond with 4 bedrooms and a pool. Charlie earned quite the salary as his career reached its peak. I definitely wasn't complaining, it was just a bit odd to go from what I did, to this life. We needed that many bedrooms as well because of our family of 5.

I was cooking lunch in the kitchen while Charlie cleaned the pool in the backyard. All our friends were coming over today with heir kids for lunch. We did it once every month with the whole gang. It was a little bit hard to try and catch up with them all the time because everyone now has kids. Can you believe it? Even Caleb and Jack grew up from their silly selves and had kids of their own.

I heard a knock on the door and walked over to it, picking up Robin on my way there. I opened the door to Patrick, Mon and their 2 kids. The kids ran around looking around the place while I got Mon and Pat something to drink. I could never sit down thought because every time I did, someone else arrived.

Jack and Grace walked in with their 3 kids all around the same ages. As they got settled in, Jacob walked in with his wife Isabel and their kids. Then Caleb walked in with his wife Celeste. They had twin girls. Then last but not least, Matt and Kathleen walked in with their 3 kids. My nieces and nephew.

They all walked outside to the pool lounge area where Charlie greeted them all. We eventually all sat down as I brought out the lunch I had prepared. The older kids played around in the play room while the babies sat on our laps. We didn't get together as such a big group that often so it was exciting. We all ate lunch and talked about life and kids. There honestly wasn't much to talk about other than that.

I never thought about myself in this position. My dream job, dream house, most amazing husband and 3 kids of my own. I was so grateful to have this family and these friends that I couldn't see myself without.

I wouldn't want to spend my life with anyone else. It just shows that Charlie and I really were, meant to be.

________

Hello all!

I'm saddened to say that it's the end of Meant to Be! I know it was really cheesy but oh well!

I hope everyone enjoyed this story because I really enjoyed writing it for you! If you have any requests for stories in the future, please let me know! I have multiple stories planned out after this but I would still love some ideas just in case. Be sure to leave me a message with any ideas!

Only one month till "Always you" is released! December 14th is the date! Can't wait till it comes around! I will be posting the character list and introductions soon so stay tuned!

I can't wait for you all to read it! It has got more drama, more romance and more cute moments between our main characters! Get excited!

Thank you all so much for your support along the way! I am going to miss posting this book for you all to read but I know you will all love the next one!

Special thank you to AllAboutFooty! My number 1 supporter and commenter x

Also thank you to chelsea2108, may1236, BellaCoultz04, ellbell3114, erinewings, izl022 and so many others that helped along the way! Thank you for your advice, kind comments and votes! I appreciate it all!

See you soon!

^ He's back 😍 AllAboutFooty