Suga

(Y/n) has been struggling with school, grades dropped almost instantly as soon as she got fired from her job. She wanted to drop out because she couldn't really handle all the stress. Her parents didn't approve so they basically kicked her out of their lives. Finding a new job was more difficult for her.

"Excuse me, are you hiring by any chance?", she asked a woman who seems to be in her late 80's.

"I'm sorry sweetie, I'm not hiring anyone. Haven't hired anyone since I was thirty, my younger days", she said.

"What do you mean? You're still young", she said.

The old woman chuckled while placing a hand on her chest. She glanced at the papers she was holding, assuming it was her resumé.

"Tell you what, I'll hire you for the day and if there are no problems, you can work here permanently. How does that sound?", she asked.

"Really?? Oh my- you won't regret it. I promise", she smiled happily while hugging her.

"Oh, I didn't even ask your name. I'm (y/n)", she said.

"My name is Emily. Obviously you can tell I'm a foreigner right?", she chuckled, letting her into her shop.

"That's okay. I wasn't born here. I was adopted when I was three. I don't really know where I'm from", she said.

"Well where are your parents? You look so young to be roaming the streets", Emily asked.

(Y/n) placed her things into a small cupboard and faced her.

"I'm on my own at the moment", she said.

Emily knew she was getting a bit uncomfortable so she stopped asking questions and asked her to clean up around the shop. (Y/n) did what she asked and hoped she was satisfied with her work. About a few minutes later, a young man came in and hugged Emily. While sweeping, she glanced over and noticed he looked somewhat familiar.

"I'm so sorry I'm late. I took the bus here but there was traffic. I ran after getting off", the guy said.

"Boy, I don't care if you're late. Arrive more carefully. Being late is better than ending up in the hospital. (Y/n), come here. I want you to meet someone", Emily called out for her.

She placed the broom aside and walked over to them, eyes slightly widening as they met with the guy's.

"(Y/n), this is-"

"Yoongi", she breathed out.

"You know each other?", Emily asked.

"Yeah. She was my girlfriend back in high school. I can't believe you're here. What are you doing here? I thought you were going to school overseas?", he asked.

"Something happened. Anyways, I should get back to cleaning before the shop opens", she gave a stiff smile and walked back towards the spot she was cleaning.

"Does she work here?", Yoongi asked Emily.

"Well she came up to me and asked if I was hiring. I felt bad and told her she can work for the day and if she does a good job, she can work here permanently. So she's the girl you kept talking about?", she asked.

"Yeah. Didn't think I'd see her again", Yoongi said, glancing at (y/n).

~~~

"Hey, so my grandma asked me to help you with the cash register", Yoongi said, leaning against the wall.

"Okay", (y/n) said.

They walked behind the cash register and he explained what she's supposed to press. He also assisted with customers. She took care of the cash register on her own and was actually doing a good job. Yoongi attended other customers who were looking for items they needed but he couldn't help glance at her a few times.