𝑨𝒕 𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒕

Joykook

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

The sound of the busy road calm her. She felt at peace, for once. Her hectic messy life never gave her any chance to rest her mind up.

She doesn't want to go home. Yet she had to. She must, remembering her sick mother at home, she just doesn't have the heart to abandon her.

She starts walking but soon stop in front of a dark alley where she heard a soft crying. She furrows her brows, thinking any possible chances that a stray dog could cry. When she found her idea crazy she just went in to it because of her curiousness.

There sat a young man. Hugging his knees while burying his face in between them. Her heart immediately soften after seeing such a big and tough boy looking vulnerable here.

She stroll quietly at him and placing her hand on his back. The boy immediately stiffen. The tense atmosphere didn't help her either.

She squat at his eye level while she crane her neck to find his eyes which is clearly he's hiding from the outside world.

"You okay?" She ask softly. The boy shift uncomfortably as if he didn't want her to be here, he didn't. But she aren't just going to give up yet.

"Hey, look at me" She said softly. The boy afraid but slowly lift his head to look at her.

Her eyes soften at the boys appearance. He is totally worn out. He has a black eye, a swollen cheek, bloodied mouth and maybe a broken nose. There's also some scratches on his cheeks and perfectly sharp jawline.

It's good enough that she'd brought some first aid kit with her in case for some problem. She immediately take cotton pads and alcohol from the first aid kit from her bag pack "This gonna sting a bit so I expected you to bear with it okay?" She said to the boy who replied with a weak nod.

She applied the alcohol to the cotton pad and pet it gently to the wound. The boy release a little hiss at the feeling.

She glance at the boy in concern, apologising and asking if she should continue. The boy nod in confirmation at her making her hesitantly continue her job.

After she finished she tidy up the kit and place it back in her bag. She sighs again what happened to him are the questions inside her head. She's worried about him although she just met him a few minutes ago but the fact that the boy are younger than her and seeing that he just laid there unmoving since she met him didn't ease the worries in her heart.

"What happened?" She ask. The boy shook his head, unwilling to tell her the painful memory that lingers in his mind. When he remembers it again, his eyes start to tear up.

"Hey,hey,hey it's okay. It's fine with me if you don't want to share. No biggie, okay? So how about we go to my house first. Probably it's too far for you to walk to home with this condition" She suggest. The boy however nod his head as he didn't want to go back home too. He's sick of the damned home.

She smile softly as she pick him up by his uninjured arm. She hooks it around her neck and place her arm on his waist while the other hold the arm that hanging around her neck.

Luckily, her house is not too far from the alley. You'll walk around ten to fifteen minutes to reach her home but maybe twenty to twenty five minutes at max depends on this situation .

She unlocked the door while yelling "I'm home!" As a signal to her mom that she's home. A crash erupted up stairs as she sigh, she put the boy in the guest room and told him to wait a little while she checked on her mother. The boy didn't mind tho, after all it's her mother they talking about.