II

I woke up  to my alarm clock.  It was 8:35 AM . I had to be at work at 9:00 .

"Shit ," I mumbled as I rolled out of bed and pulled on my outfit . I was doing another magazine shoot today and had to wear the outfit they had given me . This was only the first one , though , I thought with a sigh .

The conflict from last night filled me with dread as I brushed my wavy blonde hair ( it really was a pain sometimes ) . Where is Joe even ? He must've slept on the couch last night.  I crept down the stairs and grabbed my bag . Joe was drinking a cup of coffee and still in his pajamas . He was running his hair through his fingers anxiously as he looked at his phone . Probably texting some hoe .

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a smoothie put of the fridge and sat down to check my texts . I could feel Joe staring at me intently , so I just continued to carry on with my business,  I didn't care if he was .
Lucy had sent me about 50 text messages along the words of :

ARE YOU OKAY ?    12:55 AM

IM GOING TO KILL JOE !!!! 12:55 AM

ANSWER ME JENNY ARE YOU OK  12:04 AM

I CAN'T BELIEVE HE DID THIS !!!🤬😡 12:12 AM

She must've been more pissed than me .

"Where are you going ?" Joe asked timidly , his head resting in his hand . He sat across from me and waited for an answer .

"If you must know , I'm going for a photo shoot . It's part of my job , remember?"  I snapped , looking at him . He nodded his head and shifted his gaze toward his mug .

"Is...is Peter going to be there ? " He  stammered , his brows furrowed. I knew he hated Peter , my assistant.  He was always getting jealous of when Peter had to help me pick outfits . Joe was always complaining on how he was always trying to make a move on me . I must admit my assistant has some flirtatious comments about my magazine photos . I decided to let him get jealous . He can't do anything. 

"Maybe , he is my assistant.  It's where he works , I shrugged , looking at him . Is there a problem ? I have to do picture with him anyway , he's a amateur model . " I knew that would get him pissed , but I sure didn't give a hell . His face turned a shade of light red .

"Oh, ok . Do you need me to drop you off ?  Since your car's in the shop . " Joe almost half-yelled , but quickly collected himself.  I nodded , completely forgetting about my car . He grabbed his keys and opened the door for me . I jogged out and let the cool breeze hit me . It felt amazing . I
hopped into his car and waited for him to start the engine . He just sat there and gazed at me . Dear God , does he NOT know I have places to be ?

" Ca-Can we talk about last night ?  I know I screwed up , I screwed up really bad , and I know that. "

  " I know , Joe , you did screw up . "

"I just want to know one thing-d-do you still...still..love me ? "

I hesitated on that . Did I still love him ? I didn't know if I did . I was planning on telling him I was moving in with Lucy and Rami until this got sorted out . It was Joe. It would be hard for me to stop loving someone that was close to me as much as he was . I...I loved him , but now I'm not sure .

"I don't know Joe , but you can figure it out while I'm with Lucy and Rami . "
I said quietly ,looking at my lap .

"You're moving in with Lucy and Rami ? You don't have to do that , please Jennifer, you don't have to ! I still love you , and I know you don't feel the same way , but please, let's try to work this out . " He pleaded , holding my hand up to his lips . I could feel his hot breath against my hand . I got goosebumps when he kissed it .

"No , Joe . I have to figure out if I even want you in my life right now . " I snapped , knowing that it stung him hard . He nodded with defeat as he started to drive.  I flipped through my phone , thousands of text messages from fans , friends , and family assuring me everything will be okay . I wish it was that easy . Suddenly my phone started to ring .

INCOMING CALL :
Peter Pan🌟

I answered it . I had it on bluetooth in the car .

"Hello ?"

"Yeah , Hi Jenny ! You almost here ? We need to do this pronto  . "  Peter asked thoughtfully.

"Yeah , yeah I am . Joe's driving me since my car's in the shop . "

"I thought Joe cheated on you ? You know,  with some other girl at a bar or something." Joe winced uncomfortably and I swore I could see tears in his eyes .

"Well , yes he did . He's in the car right now . "

"Oh um , good . Tell him I said hi or whatever . I was wondering , do you want to discuss the shoot over lunch later on today ? My treat ! " I saw Joe's face turning pink as he clenched the steering wheel,  his knuckles turning white. 

"Yeah , that would be lovely . Hey I have to go . See you there , yeah ? " I said , getting ready to hang up .

"Ok , Dee, see you then ! " Peter laughed, hanging up . I chuckled at the nickname he gave me . He thought I was more pure than Miss Sandra Dee .I remember when we first met we bonded over our love if musicals . We were only in 5th grade when we met , strange how we both still remember. I remember calling he Peter Pan since he looked like him , with his head of auburn hair .

"Why does he call you that nickname? He's your assistant. " Joe huffed , turning off bluetooth. He was getting jealous and I soaked up every minute of it .

"He's like one of my best friends ! C'mon lighten up a little . " I laughed , fixing my makeup in the mirror . Joe rolled his eyes as he pulled into the parking lot of the building . I loved it so much . It was about 20 stories high , and it was white and so pristine all around . My office was neat too .

"See you later ." I said sweetly, smiling at him . He smiled back and nodded.

Can I love him again ?