yeetaroo buckaroo

Joe's POV

"Hello ! Is Jennifer Ford home ?" A man asked , his eyes looking behind my shoulder , scanning the living room . I looked for a familiar face , but couldn't quite define him . He looked vaguely familiar , but I couldn't place him . His voice was rough and low , with a thick Australian accent . His dark green eyes were filled with a dark , brooding sensation of...an excitedly sinister look ? My mind brought a name up that I quickly cut off the idea and shoved it out of my mind, not wanting to take the though and run wild with it. But then again , I wasnt about to throw caution to the wind .

"I'm sorry , who are you ?" I asked , trying to cover the skepticism painted on my face .

"Oh , I'm Paul . Just her assistant , that's all ," He smiled rather quickly , his eyes darting up to the staircase . I casually blocked his view , leaning against the wall . Frustration washed over his face but quickly receded and he became content again .

"Well yeah , yeah , she's upstairs right now . You can come in , wait for her if you want ," I mumbled , widening the door space so he can get through . He quickly walked in and took off his leather jacket and carefully hung it over a chair . I quickly ran upstairs to go get Jenny .

"Jenny ?" I asked , knocking on the closed door before walking in . She opened it and I realized she was just changing into joggers and a shirt .

"Yeah ?" She smiled ,placing the two books we were reading on the dresser .

"There's a guy...downstairs ? Name's Paul ?" I said , rocking back and forth on my feet.

"Oh yeah , yeah ! He's the assistant , the one I told you about ? Wonder what he wants ?" She asked rhetorically , pulling her hair into a ponytail . Her feet quickly padded down the stairs , me following her quickly , staying behind her .

"Hey Paul ! Whatcha need ?" She smiled , crossing her arms over her chest . His eyes lit up and I was internally screaming about how I didn't like this guy.

"Oh , you forgot your binder at work and I didn't want you to lose anything important ," He grinned , handing her a thick light green binder with thousands of papers in it marked off by each category . On the front it had her signature scribbled with some glittery ink pen on the top corner . I'm surprised he could read it , I can't read her cursive . That's why she writes in print all the time , and even then , it's very loopy and small .

"Hey , thanks ! You didn't have too , although it completely went over my head that I need to get this ! How did you find my house ?" She asked , raising an eyebrow. I saw for a slight second , just maybe only a half a second , but I saw it . His face dropped , as if he wasn't expecting her to ask that question . He immediately covered it up , fast enough that if anyone hadn't been watching him like a hawk , they wouldnt have seen it . So , Jenny didnt see this quickly facial expression he did .

"Oh , I...I just asked a guy over there and they told me, " He smirked, shrugging . She nodded her head , giving him a quick smile before turning over to me . I raised my eyebrows at her , trying not to look jealous . I don't think it was working .

"Oh , Paul , this is my boyfriend, Joe Mazzello ,"She said quickly pulling me over next to her . I gave him a small , shy smile and shook his hand . Our eyes met and I think we were both giving each other a look of jealousy , hatred , and smugness . He narrowed his eyes , quickly scanning my face . I almost felt insulted at this man's presence.

"Nice to meet you , I've watched a couple of your movies , you're pretty good ." He said nonchalantly , returning his hand back to his pockets .

"Thanks ," I mumbled , nodding my head .

"Well , thanks again for my binder . See you tomorrow yeah ?" She said happily , lifting up her binder. He smirked and glanced over at me before pulling her into a hug . My jaw dropped as I watched Jenny hesitate for a moment , but patted his back softly and pulled away . I let jealousy control my decisions and quickly whisked Jenny away to pull her closer to me , wrapping an arm around her waist . She looked at me with surprise , her cheeks pink . Paul almost looked mad , and I smiled at him innocently so he could get even more mad and show Jenny that he was not a good guy . But , instead , that cunt relaxed his expression and smiled at both of us . I furrowed my eyebrows at him and continued to try and find a familiar face . It's like I've seen him before , he looks so much like someone I would know . But , who ? Well , whoever he is , he needs to stop looking at Jenny like he's doing .

"Okay , I'll see you tomorrow Jenny , yeah ?" He said with a charming smile , waving as he walked out the door . She bade him goodbye as she went to lock the door and then turned around to me and placed her hands on her hips .

"What ?" I asked innocently , raising my shoulders .

"Joe , I'm not stupid. What was that thing you did all about ?" She asked , her face flushed with concern and curiosity .

"Oh nothing , I just love you alot ," I said quickly , smiling . She raised an eyebrow at me , shaking her head .

"I saw how you kept looking at Paul. You don't need to be jealous , I'm not going to date him just because he's good-looking-

"Woah Woah Woah . You think he's cute ?" I asked , crossing my arms over my chest. I don't know what she was talking about , I hardly ever get jealous !

"Oh my God , Joe , I'm just saying ! He's not horribly disgusting , that's all I meant ! I could go up to any girl and they would see he's not bad ! It's just a thing people do , I'm sure you do it with other girls !" She pointed out in defense .

"No I do not !"

She gave me a knowing look and tilted her head at me .

"Okay , so maybe some ! But I know I don't have a chance with them and I already have the love of my life !" I smiled , trying to shake off whatever little arguement this was .

"You're lucky you're cute ," She said with an eye roll , kissing me on the cheek . I laughed and gave her a hug . "But seriously , dont worry ." She sighed .

"Okay , okay , I won't !" I exclaimed , shaking my head .

"I'm going up to bed , okay ? I'm going to read that book ." She said , trotting up the stairs .

"Okay , I'll be up in a minute ," I smiled , watching her go up the stairs. As soon as she was gone I quickly found the chance to call him .

"Okay , I'm not stupid . You better tell me what your game is before I force you too ."