VIII

"That was a great dinner , love . Thank you ," Ben said , giving Joe and I a hug . We all were filled with pasta and wine , and we had been laughing non-stop with embarrassing moments and funny stories.

"You're welcome , Ben . Come over any time you like ." Joe smiled as Ben put his coat on .

"Okay , see you guys later, yeah ?" He said , waving before walking out the door . Joe smiled at me . We cleared the table and I washed the dishes while he went up to take a shower . I decided to play a bit of a music . I found the playlist I customized specifically for the songs I dance to and pressed shuffle play.
Dancer by Queen came on . I absolutely loved this song , it was one of my favorites. I turned it up real loud and started to shake my hips . I looked ridiculous, I was singing into a whisk while holding a dripping wet plate over a sink . I was shuffling my feet to the rhythm and shaking my hips to Freddie's melody . I turned around and almost died from a heart attack when I saw Joe standing in front of me in robe , laughing at me , his hair dripping wet .

"Joe , you're getting water all over the floor !" I exclaimed, embarrassed that he caught me .

I'm the one that's getting water everywhere ? You're having a whole damn concert down here and flinging water around !" He shouted, laughing as I flicked water on him . He grabbed one of the Romeo's toys and threw it at me .

"Hey !" I giggled as I ran into the sitting room . He chased after me and threw peanuts that we kept on the mantel at me . I chucked a pillow at him and he gave me an evil smirk . He shrugged and quietly left the room . I sat there , confused on what he was planning . While I was though , he ran at me shouting wearing a cowboy hat and still his red robe .

"YEEHAW !" He screamed , jumping onto me , pinning me down on the couch . I giggled and shrieked . He smirked at me playfully and looked at me with daring eyes .

"Give up , partner ? It would be easy if you would stop now ." He slurred in a Southern accent . His was hand still pinning my wrists against the sofa , therefore he was on top of me . I wasn't going to give up , though .

"Make me ." I said , batting my eyes innocently and kicking his ankles in attempt to have him fall over . He didn't.

"You asked for it , Jenny ," He whispered in a deep , husky voice . He began to tickle my ribs and my neck ,hearing me shriek . I clawed my hands on his back , laughing and squealing at his touch . He kissed me on the neck and continued to tickle my torso everywhere in every way . I couldn't make any sentences or words , all I could do was scream and dig my fingernails into his arms .

"Joe , stop ! Stop it! " I shrieked in delight , barely able to breathe from this torture . He laughed and flopped himself on me , throwing the hat across the room . We both smiled and just observed each other in silence .

"Why are you so cute ?" He asked , bopping my nose with his finger as he studied me .

"You were calling me a little more that a few weeks ago ," I giggled, watching Joe's face turn red .

"Whatever, " Joe mumbled, placing me on top of him . I squealed a little as his hand brushed against my neck . He knew I was extremely ticklish.
"What's on TV ?" He asked , grabbing the remote . I shrugged and snuggled up against him . His robe was extremely soft and smooth , I almost felt like I could fall asleep on it .

"Dear Sidewalk is on ," I giggled, smiling playfully at Joe . He rolled his eyes and clicked on it . I snuggled up next to him and place my head in the crook of his neck. I could see him in his mailman outfit. I couldnt help but smile at it . I could feel his arm wrap around my waist as he kissed me on the head . Suddenly Romeo ,Lily , and Miko joined us . Lily curled up on Joe's shoudler , Romeo stretched himself out on my waist , and Miko wedged his tiny body between us . I could hear their tiny purrs vibrate as they shifted positions . This is how things should be ; they should be happy .

~Joe's POV~

Why is Jenny so fucking precious ? It amazes me how I have her every day . She's just....mine . Like she's , my girlfriend. I'm not sure why it's taken me so long to realize that . I could feel her shift and cuddle up against me . Her breathing was small and delicate, as it always was . My phone then buzzed . It was Peter . I'm not sure what I have against Peter . I've just always been nervous he's going to take Jennifer. I just feel like someday some hot guy is going to come and take her . I checked the text message.

Peter Widdow:
Okay. So what are the details having Dee's birthday? Because I have a couple ideas , and it is this Wednesday .

Joe Mazzello :
I was thinking of throwing a big party . Ik she likes big , colorful parties. Maybe space themed ? She loves space for some reason idek WHY 🤷‍♂️

Peter:
Definitely lol . EVERYONE CAN DRESS UP LIKE ALIENS AND JUST OUTER SPACE COSTUMES!!!

Joe:
Wait yeah that's a good idea . We can throw the party at my beach house . We can make like space decorations and shit lol

P

eter:

Yasss ! Literally that is so good . We can probably hire some people to do it . Hey I gtg . See ya 👋🏻👋🏻

Joe:
Ok byeee👋🏻

I set my phone down and figured I should make invitations . I want her birthday to feel authentic . I realized I would have to wiggle myself free from under her . She was really light , but her arms were around my waist and her legs were entangled with mine . I slowly pulled out my legs and turned to my side . Unfortunately , she decided to move and grab my arm and bring it close to her . It was adorable, really , but not when I'm trying to throw her a birthday party . I wiggled for about 10 minutes before I got out . Surprisingly she didn't wake up . I covered her with a blanket and crept out of the room . I went into her drawing room and grabbed what I needed. I figured I should get silver marker , dark blue paper , and shiny gold speckles . It was easy to find everything, since she was in here every Saturday organizing it . She had all of the colored paper sorted into darkest to lightest shade with the color in 3 different languages written on the side . She would also have all of the markers sorted into sections and places in Mason jars in a teal gift box . I wrote the details:

You're invited to :
Jennifer Ford's 27th Birthday!

Where:At the Beachouse on 215 Geroudé St.

When :7:00 ~ 11:00

! SPACE THEMED !
Aliens and Astronauts come alike !

* Bring your swimsuit *

I finished writing in the silver marker and put it on the printer. Since Jennifer is the most organized person I know , she has to have a "Party Guest List" somewhere. I scrimmaged through her cabinet until I found her folder of lists . She had Christmas Lists , Costume Lists , and about a hundred others . I finally found her "Big Party List" which had exactly 340 people on it . How the hell does she know this many people ? Well I put on the printer and set 340 copies and called up Ben while I waited .

"Hey Joe ! What's up ?"

"Oh um , nothing much . Hey , you know how Jenny's birthday's coming up ?"

"Yeah . I already got her something ! What are you planning?"

"It's going to be at my beach house and it's going to be space-themed . I was wondering if you could help me with the decorations? I'm going to call up Rami and Gwilym too .

"Oh yeah sure ! This sounds fun ! Should I meet you over there ?"

"Yes , I'll be going over . See you then !"

"Ok bye !"

I began to dial Gwilym's number and went to check the copies . This was going to be something for her to remember.