IX

*Jennifer's point of view *

I woke up on the couch with a blanket around me . I slowly opened my eyes and reminded myself of my whereabouts. But where was Joe ? I got up and wrapped the blanket around me as I trudged up the stairs .

"Joe ?" I said aloud while standing in the hallway , rubbing my eyes and pulling the blanket around my body tighter . Joe's head popped out of my drawing room . He had gotten dressed into a white shirt with a striped button up over it and jeans. 

"Hey , babe !" He smiled , coming over to hug me . I wrapped myself around him , laying my head on his shoulder. We stood there for a few moments , just swaying back and forth .

"What're you doing ?" I yawned , closing my eyes . He never goes into my drawing room , unless he has to make posters for something .

"Oh , nothing . I'm actually going out with the boys for a little bit ," He said , rubbing the back of my head . I removed my head from his shoulder and looked at him .

"Do you have to leave me all alone ?" I   whined , pouting my bottom lip . He smiled .

"Well , it's all about business and crap like that . I might be home late , though , " He said , kissing me on the forehead . He grabbed his keys and made a quick beeline to the door , shoving a bunch of papers or something in his pocket . I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek .

"Love you!"

"Love you too , Jen !" He half-shouted on the way out so I could hear him.  Where could he possibly be going ? I went over to the kitchen and made myself a cup of tea while reading The Shining . I absolutely love Stephen King's twisted mind when he takes pen to paper . I'm 26 years old and still get scared of these at night . Speaking of which , I can't possibly believe that I'm turning 27 in 2 days . Joe is taking me out to dinner and such and we'll have a small little get together at the beach house . I had bought a dress that was made by one of my friends up in Burberry . It was a short dress that stopped at my mid-thigh and had a V-neck with flower buds covering the see-through fabric . There were roses, daisies, lilies, daffodils , cherry blossoms ,orchids , tree leaves , small pink bird feathers, and just about everything else . The flowers didnt cover all of it up so the fabric was still visible . The sleeves were long and flowy , with the flowers slowly fading out from the direction they came from .

Around the waist was a small pink sash that was rimmed with bronze , showing off my figure . My friend who designed it  thought I would absolutely pour into it . When I tried it on , she was right .

I figured we were going to go to the actual beach , so I bought a swimsuit. It was a white bikini with thin ,light blue vertical stripes on it . The top half cut down a little lower than usual , but it still looked pretty good . I set down my book and grabbed my tea and went to watch whatever was on TV . The movie Us was on , so I decided to watch that . Maybe I could call up Lucy or something.

* Joe's POV *

"FUCK !" Rami shouted as he fell over the couch. We had turned the lights off to admire our work , and he obviously forgot that there was a couch . Ben and I laughed as Gwilym came to pick him up . Ben had already told all of his family and close friends surprisingly . I thought he would wait or something. But it's Ben , he never waits .

"What do you think , Joe ?" Ben asked , throwing out his silver powdered arms gesturing to the decor .

"It's absolutely incredible, " I smiled , running a hand through my hair .

Our work was pretty amazing . We dimmed the lights above the level of  black so you could still see things , and used Mason jars with bright lights inside of them on the sides of the walls,  and grabbed thin white Christmas lights to hang on the ceiling to look like constellations. Ben made a playlist with about every song relating to space that he knows of , like Rocketman ~ Elton John ,  Life on Mars? ~ David Bowie , or Fun in Space ~ Roger Taylor.  He also added some of her favorites too ; Like Dancer ~ Queen, Twist and Shout ~ The Beatles,  Stone Cold Crazy ~ Queen , or Jessie's Girl ~ Rick Springfield. I absolutely lived her taste in music and most everyone that I knew did too . Gwiylm found a large container of shiny silver "dust" . Jenny and I  had bought it for....uh , sexual reasons I'm not going into . We sprinkled it almost everywhere. We scattered the dust mostly on the furniture , but also on the dark velvety curtains that covered the windows. Rami has all the food planned out . We'll have almost every type of alcohol there served by the waiters and waitresses we hired . We all picked out the cake we wanted . The cake had 4 layers , it was marble cake , her favorite . The icing was black and had tiny white dots in a diagonal path trailing around the cake. On each layer there were two of the planets from our solar system , which took a long time to get the details done right by the chef . To top it off was the gold and silver dust she spritzed over the cake . Each layer was large and thick , and she even told us it would supply all 450 people surprisingly. Just in case , we also bought chocolate cupcakes with dark blue icing and white chocolate beads placed on the swirl marks. There was a silver fondant star placed on the top with gold rimmed on its edges. Those were nice to admire too , but the cake was the one that is in the spotlight .