XVII

Next morning ☆

*Jennifer's POV *

I slowly opened my eyes and was blinded by the harsh light that poured through the curtains . I groaned and pulled the covers over my head and tried to ignore the pounding sensation in my head. I gave up when my alarm went off . I sighed and slammed my hand on the button . I sat up and stretched , pulling the covers off of me as I rolled out of bed . I looked at Joe , who was still asleep , hugging a pillow . I chuckled softly and crept out of the room . I walked to the bathroom and took 2 tylenol and looked at myself in the mirror . Good God, what did I do last night ? I had glitter all over my cheeks and mascara under my eyes . I quickly undressed and turned on the shower . I went into the steamy shower and washed my body and washed my hair . I then heard the bathroom door open and heavy footsteps . I poked to see Joe using the bathroom . I quickly pulled myself back in and continued to wash myself . I grabbed my washcloth and spent most of the time getting the glitter out of everywhere . As I turned around I saw Joe poke his head in .

"Joe !" I screamed, almost slipping and hitting my head on the showerhead. He laughed and shoved his head back in . I could hear him open a drawer and walk to the counter . He's probably shaving or something. I can't be the only girl out there that thinks he looks hot without a beard , right ? If I am , well then I don't have faith in humanity anymore .

"Hey , thanks again for the surprise party, I really enjoyed it ," I said loudly, turning off the shower and sticking my hand out to grab my towel .

"No problem, He laughed , handing me my robe . I grabbed the soft , pastel green robe and slipped it on . I stepped out of the shower , and sure enough , he was shaving .
He was almost half-done .

"Damn it !" He exclaimed , his eyes widened . I looked to see what he did . His razor broke . I couldn't help but laugh .

"Not funny ! I wasn't done !" He whined , pouting his bottom lip . I laughed even more and kissed him on his stubbly cheek . His right cheek was bare and smooth and he still had a mustache.

"Can you go get one for me ? I can't go out like this !" He pouted dramatically, throwing his razor away and wiping his face off . I rolled my eyes at him and smiled .

"Yes , just let me get dressed ," I chuckled , rubbing his shoulder . I walked into my closet and picked out a red tang top with light ripped jeans rolled at the bottom. I pulled my wet hair into two braids and grabbed my purse . I applied red lipstick and a little mascara. I grabbed a pair of sunglasses to hide from the harsh sunlight and to cover my reddish eyes . I put on the earrings Brian got me and walked out of the room . I had to go to work in an hour , since they changed up my schedule. I walked out the door saying goodbye to Joe . I touched my necklace, rubbing the smooth circle with my thumb . I sighed just thinking about the party. It was like a dream . I walked to my car , and got into the driver's seat and noticed a small bouquet of flowers with a note. I smiled at the surprise. Joe probably left it in here when I went to work . I picked it up and read the note :

Rose's are red ,
Your smile is sweet
I'll have to be careful where I tread
Or where we meet
But I can't stop myself from writing to you ,
To make sure you have read
= ]

I blushed at the note , but it did sound peculiar. I adore poetry, always have . What does he mean "I'll have to be careful where I tread "? That's kind of weird . It's in the eyes of the beholder I guess . I shrugged and backed out of the driveway . I quickly went to the store and walked in , bumping into Lucy .

"Oh my God! Hey !" She exclaimed , wrapping me in a hug .

"Hey ! What're you doing here ?" I asked , returning from the hug .