LXII

joe's POV

"I don't care what your excuse is , you have to get this stupid crucifix out of here !" I whispered sharply into the phone , shoving it on one of the shelves in the closet underneath an old box .

"Joe , calm down bud , I'll swing around and grab it later , alright ? Chill out , I got you ," George scoffed , his breath harsh on the phone . I hung up and stepped out of the closet , shutting the door .

"Shit , shit , shit , shit , shit ," I muttered , banging my head against a wall . Why did I take it home ? Goddamn it ! I paced the bedroom floor , my head in my hands .

"Joe , come take your laundry !" Jenny exclaimed as she walked in , wearing a robe and a towel , holding a basket of laundry .

"Why are you so freaking pretty without makeup ? I literally-I just can't !" I laughed , looking at her . She rolled her eyes , a sheepish smile on her lips . I've forgotten how freckled her face is , I don't think she likes them , when she actually looks gorgeous . She complains about her face , how can she ? She's gorgeous ! It's almost frustrating !

"I'm just putting on mascara today , I don't feel like trying ," She sighed , going into the closet . I felt my palms become sweaty as I saw her look near the place where I hid it , her hands just barely grazing over it . Thank God she was 4 inches shorter than me , I don't know what she would've done if she found it .

Leave me ?

With all the shit I've done , yes , a definite yes .

"Hey , Jen , I'm going to be going out with Gwil and Ben later tonight . We're just going to go to Gwil's house ," I lied , wrapping my arms around her waist , setting my chin on her bare shoulder . She was only in a bra and pants right now , scurrying through some of her new clothes she bought herself , since her shirts weren't fitting right anymore .

"Alright , but would blue look good with this ? Or dark green , I like dark green better , don't you ?" She said , raising both sweaters .

"I like the green one , you look good in green ," I replied , nodding my head .

"Good , oh , hey , you want to go shopping for Peanut ? I want to go to Nordstrom , they have really cute baby boy clothes , and things for his room too , also a stroller . Sound good ?" She asked , tilting her head .

"Yeah , just as long as our credit cards don't max out ," I laughed , hearing her giggle as she slid into her sweater , putting her hair in braids .

"Yeah , and we can think of baby names !" She exclaimed sarcastically , giving me a cheeky grin .

****
6:00 PM

"I swear to God , I'm not looking in the bag , that's a body bag , holy shit-

"Don't piss yourself Joe ! God , even the sophomore in high school is keeping it together !" George whispered , buttoning up his jacket ,as it had gotten colder . I looked over at the teenager , who was shyly standing to the side , looking up at us with big brown eyes . He had dark auburn hair , with a pale face , his cheeks and nose pink from the cold .

Holy shit .

He looked like me when I was in high school .

He was going to make the same mistake I did .

"Fuck ," I said with shock , dropping the bag , hitting the ground with a large thump .

"Goddamn it ! Joe , if you keep stalling , we'll be out here forever !" Tommy hissed , holding his foot in pain . He must've hit it on something , because he started cussing and slamming his hand on the car .