XXIV

^^I've never seen this picture before and is it just me or does it seem like Gwil would wear this ¿?

Joe's POV

"What?" I asked , looking at her in astonishment. This couldn't be real . George ? Escaping from jail ? Impossible .

"I-I saw it on the news . They said something along the lines of Infamous Gang member escapes from Jail ; police investigating. " She said , her voice cracking slightly.

"Joe , what if he finds us ? H-He knows where we live , where Rami and Lucy live , he knows where I work !" She exclaimed, throwing her hands out . I quickly brought her into a hug and kissed her on the head .

"Hey ,hey . We'll be fine , okay? Jenny , I won't let him come near us ." I said slowly, lifting her chin so she could look at me .

"But , what if ?" She whimpered quietly so Rachel and Peter wouldn't hear her. That was what was keeping us from comfort . What if . The possibility of him breaking into our house and killing us isn't unlikely . But I would never tell her that . He wouldn't have the determination to walk 8 miles to even attempt to kill us , would he ? It isn't far from the table . Besides , as soon as he would get out , they would have police everywhere . George wasn't stupid . He'd get around the police somehow . This guy only missed one question on the SATs . He was studying to be an Operations Research Analyst actually . I don't think he ever finished it though . But , all in all , he's very intelligent. The police might be able to catch him , but of course , what if ?

"No , no . There's no what if , because I know he's not going to hurt us ." I said , not even believing myself fully .

"Promise?"

I sighed .

"I...I promise ."

She gave me a tight hug and I returned her embrace , saying her back and forth . I didn't know if I would be able to keep my promise . But I would try my hardest to . I'm never going to let her get hurt, even if it means putting myself in danger . I love her too much to ever see her afraid . It would even hurt e more to see her afraid of myself . I don't think she would though , she-she trusts me .

"I love you , Joe ." She whispered softly , holding even tighter on too me . Just those 4 simple words to make my heart skip a beat . Four simple words .

"I love you too , Jenny." I smiled , kissing her on the head , running my fingers through her hair .

*****

Next Day ( morning )

Jennifer's POV

I slowly opened my eyes and looked around the bedroom , gradually gaining my vision. I then felt this horrible rush in my stomach and this burning sensation at the bottom of my throat . My mouth started to salivate and I quickly jumped up and ran into the bathroom , leaning my head over the toilet . I was panting heavily before I vomited. I sat down, leaning my back against the wall , closing my eyes , counting to ten . Thank God Joe didn't wake up . I don't want to bother him . I then realized my period hadn't come yet . It's still early though. I brushed my teeth to get the acidy taste out of my mouth and pulled my hair back. I checked the clock . It was only 5 :00 AM . I had another 3 hours to sleep .

I quietly closed the door and crept back into bed next to Joe , sliding the covers over me . He had his arms thrown out and his head tossed to the side , with his messy auburn hair all ruffled at the top . His mouth was parted open just a little , and his soft breathing could be heard in the quiet house . Lily was sleeping at the edge , while Romeo and Miko were playing with some toy with a bell in it in the hall. I smiled at the sight of him and could feel my eyes getting heavier and heavier . Suddenly, I heard a wide gasp and scrambling . My eyes jolted open to see Joe sitting up , panting . I quickly sat up too, rubbing my eyes . It looked as if he was scared by something, he was slightly shaking and trying to breath regularly. He then turned his head to me and his expression softened .