LII

Joe's POV

"Jenny , you look pretty !" I exclaimed , following her into the closet .

"You're only saying that because you're my boyfriend !" She groaned , throwing down a sweater . It was colder today , now that we were getting into Fall season , and she had been trying to find a sweater that was burgundy , and fit over her bump , concealing it . She was only 3 months , so it was fairly easy , only a few shirts didn't fit . She was wearing black leggings , and a pair of Doc Martens . Right now she was running around in a pink bra , her hair and makeup already finished . I was really fond of her hair when she let it down , I liked when it was all wavy , though it's gotten curlier over the years . She glided the soft material on her , checking herself out in the mirror .

"You ready ?" I asked , sighing . She nodded , grabbing her purse .

"Okay , this sounds kinda gross , but hear me out . You know that cream cheese fruit dip or whatever ? If you were to dip that in tortilla chips , would that taste good ?" She asked , holding my hand as we walked down the stairs .

"I feel like it would be too sweet , like if the chips weren't salty enough . But if the chips had the right amount of salt , it might taste good ." I replied , grabbing the car keys . We were going to go for her second doctor's appointment , and then she wanted to shop for stuff for Peanut's nursery . She kept saying that she was sure it was going to be a boy , and she even tried to make me bet on our unborn child's gender . I'd like a girl , honestly , but I'm genuinely happy with either one .

"I know it's going to be a boy , I'm sure of it . We're going to have a boy ." She giggled , buckling herself into the car seat .

"What if it's a girl ?" I chuckled , backing out of the driveway .

"Well , then you'll be right for once ," She laughed , accidentally letting out a snort . She laughed even harder , her face turning red .

"You just snorted like a pig ," I said , giggling like a little girl .

"Yeah , fuck you ," She giggled hysterically . She was awfully giddy this morning , I missed hearing her laugh like this .

Because you know it's your fault that she hasn't laughed like this .

Jenny's POV

"You sure you didn't drink or something ?" He chuckled , slowing down so he wouldn't run a red light .

"Yeah , totally , Joe , I , 3 months pregnant , decided to drink and get drunk ," I laughed sarcastically , rolling down the window . Joe began driving when the light turned green , about to make a left turn when a black car came zooming down the road , Joe not paying attention .

"Joe !" I yelled , gesturing to the speeding car .

"Holy fuck !" He shouted , stopping the car . The black car zoomed in front of us , barreling down the interstate . Joe's breathing began returning to normal state , continuously checking out the window to locate the car . If neither of us were paying attention , we would've both been killed . I shivered at the thought . Joe began driving again , now focused on the road .

"That's...who the fuck is driving that fast in the morning ? On an interstate ?" He asked rhetorically , furrowing his eyebrows . He continued to look in the rearview mirror , as if expecting something .

"Joe , the hospital's right here ," I smiled , squeezing his hand , watching him perk up , quickly turning into the parking lot . He hopped out of his carseat , opening the car door for me . I got out , feeling him quickly grab my hand and walk up with me .

"So , what are they going to be doing ?"

"Oh , checking my weight , blood pressure , stuff like that . I also told them I wanted to see the gender , so that's exciting ." I smiled , kissing his cheek .