LXIV

alright you guys better play some sad songs because i hate imagining joe cry and so should you

Jenny's POV

"Joe , why the hell do you keep your shirts on this shelf ? Hang them up , you have plenty of room !" I muttered , stepping onto a step stool and taking them off , an object hitting the floor with a heavy thud . I stepped down and looked at it , raising my eyebrows .

"What the fuck ?" I whispered under my breath , looking at the crucifix .

Holy shit .

Please don't tell me it's the one that was stolen .

The really expensive crucifix that belonged to Father Cuomo .

It definitely was .

I shakily picked it up , gripping it and stomping downstairs . I was so fucking angry , I'm so sick of dealing with his shit , he's so goddamn immature . Can he not just tell the truth ? Can he stay out of trouble ?

I quickly walked into the kitchen , seeing Joe pouring himself a cup of coffee . Joe turned around , seeing the crucifix .

"Fuck , please don't be mad-

"I'm so sick of you lying ! I'm so sick of you making empty promises ! I'm so sick of it ! I have put up with your shit , I have given you so many chances , you say you'll tell me everything , and you just think that you can not tell me how you have the crucifix police are still searching for ?" I yelled , placing it down on the table .

"Don't get fucking mad at me ! It's not like you were faithful to me !" He argued back , rather timidly .

"Damn it , Joe ! You seriously think that's how you're going to win this arguement ? I should never have made out with George , but I felt so fucking trapped in your little web of lies , I wanted to feel appreciated and needed !"

"That's some excuse , right-

"Stop ! Just stop ! Just fucking shut the hell up , you piece of shit ! I don't think you realize how many times I've thought it was my fault everytime you fucked up ! When you got angry in college at me , I thought it was my fault ! It wasn't ! It was yours because you didn't know how to control yourself ! You don't have any self control !" I cried out , pointing at him , feeling my cheeks heat up . God , I shouldn't be yelling , but it felt so good to get this all out . To finally tell him how I feel .

"Please don't leave me , Jennifer , you can't leave me , I love you ," He said desperately , getting closer to me . His face had gone pale , he looked like shit , to be honest . He hadn't shaved his beard , his hair was all wild , his eyes were darker , and there was no blush in his cheeks , his lips cracked slightly from the cold .

"Joseph , stop , that's exactly what you always do . You always say that , and I always do it . It hurts so fucking much when you love someone and all they do is hurt you !" I screamed , trying not to cry , letting out a soft whimper .

"You don't care about me , you only care about yourself , and if you do something wrong , you bring up something I did ! God , I'm having your fucking child !" I shouted , quickly wiping my eyes . He stared at me , almost taken aback . It just felt good to get this all out , I was sick of it . Joe sat down , looking at his coffee , his mouth twitching .

"What ? You're just going to stare at the coffee ?" I snapped , crossing my arms . I had this new sense of authority , I liked that I was being listened to .

That's when he burst into tears .

I let out a little puff of air , my eyes widening . He was just full on crying , just having a meltdown .