LXVI

my friends are still prodding me with the idea that I have a Joe Mazzello nose and jawline . I NEED ANSWERS

Jenny's POV

"Jennifer , you're forgetting your phone ," Joe said with a weak smile , tossing it to me .

"Thanks ," I said awkwardly , putting it in my pocket . Joe was in a pair of joggers and a shirt , rubbing his beard , which he hadn't shaved for awhile . I looked up at him , seeing those hazel puppy eyes stare at me . "It's only going to be for a week , Joe ." I reminded him , tilting my head .

"Yeah , yeah I know ," He mumbled softly , shuffling his feet . "I'm really going to miss you ." He sighed , stepping closer to me .

"Peter is going to be here soon ." I said without looking at him , quickly grabbing my suitcase and going down the stairs . I heard him follow close behind me .

Joe's POV

I'm on the verge of crying .

"So , what are you guys going to do over there ?" I asked casually as I possibly could , looking down at her .

"Probably just shop and be your basic tourists , Emilia knows a couple people over there , so we'll get a nice hotel ." She smiled sheepishly , nodding her head .

"Good , good ." I nodded , leaning my head back and looking at the ceiling , rocking back and forth on my feet .

"You know , I could just drive to the airport if you want Jennifer-

"No , no , Peter is already coming for me , it's alright ." She replied quickly , her eyes shifting to the left and right nervously . God , this tension was so thick in the air I wanted to run away screaming . I wanted to yell and throw a whole ass tantrum, begging her to stay with me and work things out instead of running off to Italy with some friends ,announcing that we need a break from each other . I'll never have to have a break from her , no matter how angry I'll get, I will always still love her .

I watched as she tapped her fingers on her stomach , smiling when she tapped her fingers more quickly .

"Is Robbie kicking ? Kinda forgot the little guy can do that now ." I chuckled , watching her giggle softly and look up at me, smiling .

"If I tap my fingers really quickly , he'll start to kick faster . You want to try ?" Jenny asked shyly , gesturing to her bump . I timidly walked over to her , gently placing my hands on her bump . I began tapping my fingers on my left hand waiting for a response .

"Weird , he does it when I tap them !" She exclaimed , softly tapping once more , smiling when she received a response . Why won't Robbie do it to me . Oh my God , he already senses I'm a horrible person . My kid hates me and he's not even born yet .

"Jenny , please don't go , we can work this out , I didn't think you were serious about this-

"Joseph , I am . I'm so done with forgiving you every single time you screw up and then being yelled at . I don't want to know what you did to get that crucifix , I really want no part of that , but I'm sick of you lying . That's the worst part . I'm leaving you for a week , I've been away from you longer than that . Make me want to trust you Joe . Can you do that ?" Jenny asked impatiently , tapping her foot . I felt taken aback by her sudden attack on me , I hesitated on nodding .

Maybe I should smoke just to piss her off . Ha , show her that I don't listen to her opinion .

No . No . No . I'm not going through this again , I'm going to go crazy with all of this .

"Yeah , maybe you can work out some stuff too ." I replied , looking up at her . She glared at me , furrowing her eyebrows .

"Are you saying that I have flaws ? What flaws are you implying that I have ?" She asked in a snarky tone . I shook my head , blowing out a puff of air .

"No , I insist you tell me Joe . What flaws do I have ?" She persisted , getting closer to me . I could name off a list , but I valued our relationship .

"I didn't mean it that way , everyone has flaws !"

"Yeah , yours are pretty bad too !" She snapped , stomping her foot .

"At least I don't have this sense of entitlement wherever I go ! Ever since you were in junior high you were this spoiled brat that got everything she wanted , and was just completely loved by everybody ! You can't take no for an answer , you cry over everything , if someone doesn't show interest in you , you just seem to want them more ! You're a complete flirt with everyone and you're so annoying when you try to act like you're superior in everything !" I seethed , leaning my head against the wall .

"I am not a spoiled brat ! I wasn't loved by everyone , people either wanted to fuck me or be friends with me-

"God , you seriously think everyone wanted to fuck you ? Are you shitting me ? By the way we made out in college , I thought you were a virgin ! You had no idea what to do !" I argued back , my heart pounding .

"I'm not a flirt !" She whined , tightening her fists as she started bouncing her foot really quickly .

"Yeah , you are ! You're a stubborn , competitive , inexperienced bratty little flirt that I was forced to hang out with ! God , why can't Peter just pick you up already !" I groaned , closing my eyes . Ship her off to Italy , I'll be fine !

"He's right outside ! I was hoping we could at least hug or something , but I don't even feel like hugging an immature liar with anger issues !" She snapped , stomping out the door .

"Not the first time you've walked out on me !" I yelled , sitting down on the couch , covering myself up with a blanket and angrily turning on the TV .

There was a knock on the door .

Was it Jenny ? I hopped up , running to the door , stumbling over the fallen blanket . I don't care if she was mad , I'd rather argue with her than her be gone .

"Goddamn it ! Why the hell are you here ?" I groaned , rolling my eyes as I opened the door wider .

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GO READ "In Need of A Friend"- cx21Dz !!!! It is a GREAT BOOK and the sequel ??? I HAD THE BIGGEST SHOCK OF MY LIFE A FEW MINUTES AGO ! GO GET HER SO READS ON HER STORIES YOU GUYS , IT'S SO WORTH IT