LXV

Jenny's POV

I got out of the shower , feeling like an emotionless shithole . I breathed in deep , knowing I still have no idea what I'm going to do . I love him , I still love him so much . But he broke me so many times I've stopped counting .

As I was busy having my relationship crisis , I got a phone call from Peter .

"Hello ?" I said cheerfully , relieved that I had something to distract me from this whole mess .

"Oh. My. God . I got the best news ever , and if you don't do it with me , Lucy , and Emilia , I will rip your head off , Ms. Ford-

"Peter , slow down ! Now , what are you talking about ?"

"Okay , so Lucy and I wanted to have just a girl's party celebrating that you're pregnant . She suggested we all go on vacation to Milan , Italy ! Emilia , Lucy , me , and you ! Please say yes , we'll be there for a week ! I'm begging you , Dee !"

I stood there in shock , my eyebrows raised . A vacation , away from all stress , it would give me time to think and relax .

"Peter , tell Lucy that I'm becoming lesbian to marry her . I love her ."

"Oof , when will the wedding be ? Will Joe be invited ?"

"I don't know , but we're going to Milan !" I giggled , smiling .

"Yay ! Okay , we want to leave next Monday , or this Thursday , to be honest ."

"I will call you when I get everything sorted out , okay ? Love you , bye !" I exclaimed , excitement bubbling inside me . There was still part of me that felt heavy and nervous about the situation with Joe , but I tried to push that out . We both could use this . A break . A break from fighting and arguing . I'll come back happy , Joe will probably hang out with Ben , Gwil , and Rami , and we'll start to make things work again . I was what , six months pregnant ? I felt like a hippo as I realized the shirt I pulled on wasn't going to fit . I took an tie dyed shirt I specifically had made larger than I needed in my freshman year of college , just so I could tie it up and make it look 'sexy' . I pulled on a pair of leggings and braided my hair , quickly brushing my teeth . I jogged down the stairs , grabbing a bottle of water .

"Jenny ! Hey , Jenny , hi ," Joe said quickly , a shy smile on his face . He stumbled off the couch and came up to me , his big brown eyes looking down at me .

"Joe , I think we need a break , like an actual one ," I said quietly , watching his face fall . "Peter told me about this trip that Lucy planned . It's a trip to Italy , I'll be with Lucy , Emily , and Peter-

"Jenny , why do you have to go to whole other country ? I'm going to miss you ! I don't think you should go , how about you go to New York ? New York is really cool , I can go too-

"Joe , we need a break , babe . It will be good to just take a week from each other , and come back happy ."

Joe's POV

She's going to fucking Italy ? Fucking Italy ?

"We can work this out , please just stay home ," I begged , attempting to hug her , but she stepped back , crossing her arms . My face fell , feeling hurt that she stepped away .

"Wait a minute ! You can't fly because you're pregnant !" I exclaimed , holding back a smug smile .

"Joe , I have a very low-risk pregnancy , and the second trimester is ideal to fly . I'm going to Italy whether you like it or not ." She said stubbornly , looking up at me .

"You're not going to like , find another guy and date him , right ?"

"Joe , when I say take a break , I mean that we just need to figure things out . Like , I'm not going to sleep with anyone , and you're not going to sleep with anyone else either ." She sighed , rubbing her forehead . I felt my face turn red as I scratched my beard , trying to convince her not to go .

"But , I-I don't want to take a break from you ," I said quietly , feeling my heart pounding . She grabbed my hands , looking up at me , her cheeks pink and rosy . Strands of curly wet hair fell into her face , her lips a pale pink , slightly chapped from the cold weather .

"I know you don't , but we need to . We can't keep fighting and then making up , telling each other both lies . It's just going to be for a week , you were gone for 6 months for Borhap , that's way longer than a week-

"I know , I know , but this feels different ," I pouted .

"I know it does , but I'm doing it . We'll have a break from each other babe ." Jenny smiled awkwardly . I sighed , looking down .

"Well , do you want to help me pack ?" She asked , tilting her head . I nodded , watching her smile .

As long as she's happy , I'm happy .

okay listen up kids , you need to go read "In Need of a Friend" by my friend cx21Dz , it's a really good book and that's a fact .