LXI

^I love this dork omgg

~some definitions~

•baptismal font : a fountain or small tub of holy water where priests perform the sacrament of baptism ; pretty important .

•sacristy : the place where priests and altar servers prepare for Mass ; the priest also keeps his vestments , and the Eucharist in there . The Eucharist is the bread and wine .

Joe's POV

"So you don't know who told us to do this ?" I asked , smashing another stain glass window , the colorful pieces of glass smashing against the marble floor .

"He wanted to be anonymous , so we only talked on the phone . Hey , he wanted the church vandalized , we just do and don't ask . We get 12,000 dollars to split between us three , so 4,000 dollars for each of us ," Thomas replied , knocking over a pew and chucking a candle into the baptismal font .

"It's purely business !" George grinned , smashing the marble floor with a hammer .

"You're such a prick ," I laughed bitterly , shaking my head .

"There's like , more people to the gang , right ? If it's just us three , then that isn't a gang-

"There's about 30 people , but you probably won't meet them , or maybe you will . We have our little clusters , and we all get together on Fridays to discuss what's going on and shit . Yeah , most are guys , but there's a few girls , like Natalie , Athena , Mia ." Thomas smirked , looking up at George , who was red in the face . 

"Oh , you actually have a girlfriend ?" I chuckled , yawning .

"Shut up Mazzello , I'll let you know when I consider you a friend ," He scowled , his cheeks turning red from embarrassment .

"Which will be never ?" Thomas asked , lighting a cigarette .

"Most likely ," George and I replied in unison, George holding a vase as I smashed it .

"George , go long !" I exclaimed , picking up a bible and tossing it , George swinging the sledgehammer , the bible hurdling out of a broken window .

"Oh , shit Joe , you've got a bad cut on your arm from that fucking statue that took so long to break , it's bleeding pretty badly ," Thomas said with concern , rolling up my sleeve . I shrugged , grabbing a beer and opening it , ignoring the slight pain .

****

I quietly opened the bedroom  door , taking off my pants and slipping into joggers , removing my jacket and shoes . How she hasn't woken up yet is a wonder to me . I softly laid on the bed , covering myself up and turning opposite of Jenny . She shifted , sitting up and quickly laying back down again .

"Joe , cuddle with me ," She said groggily , rubbing my bicep . I turned around , Jenny practically burying herself into my chest . "You've been far away from me ever since I fell asleep ." She mumbled , closing her eyes again .

"Just go back to sleep baby ." I whispered , kissing her head .

Morning

Jenny's POV

"Thank you ," I yawned , Joe handing me a bowl of strawberries and bananas . He sat down next to me , turning on the TV .

"God , I slept so good last night , I was so freaking tired ," Joe smiled , kissing my cheek , wrapping an arm around me . "Do you really want to watch the news ? You call me old Jennifer ." He chuckled , rubbing his jaw .

"Hey , the whole impeachment investigation is interesting-holy shit ," I gasped , turning it up quickly . The headline said Old St. Cecilia Church destroyed : further investigation will be made . A lady with wavy red hair and sharp green eyes appeared on the screen , sitting next to a man with dark hair , and even darker eyes .

"Last night the Old St. Cecilia Church was broken into and vandalized ; Police won't release photos until this afternoon , but they say every window was shattered , the altar was so destroyed they couldn't identify it at first , and the crucifix which was made in 1578 and kept safe in the sacristy has gone missing . Police also  say there was a sign of fire but quickly put out . Further investigation will be made ."

I sat there speechless , my heart breaking . I had gone to that church when I was little . My Dad had taken me and my siblings on a business trip , and Fr. Cuomo , the priest there , always helped us with homework when we went there . He was the nicest guy ever , he has to be at least 60 now .

"Oh my God , what ? It happened last night ?" Joe asked , his jaw slack as he listened to the TV .

"I can't believe it , that's fucking crazy ! Who would've had anything against that church ? Especially Fr. Cuomo ," I sighed , rubbing Joe's chest . He put my hands on his head , wanting me to run my hands through his hair . Joe kept looking down at the ground , as if he was guilty about something .

"Babe , what's wrong ? You look like you're worried ." I said , getting up to go put my bowl in the sink .

"Just thinking about stuff ," He said , pouring himself a cup of coffee . "Hey , did they say that the crucifix was missing ? How much is that thing worth ?" He asked , tilting his head .

"Shit , I remember Fr. Cuomo saying around 4 to 6 million dollars , he was so proud of it too ,he would always check on it and bless it twice a month . It's a shame , it's probably on the black market right now ." I replied , wiping off the counter . I swear , there's a new mess every day  , and it's increasingly annoying . Joe kept anxiously glancing around , tapping his foot and taking large gulps of coffee .

"Holy shit ," He muttered , his eyes widening .

"Why'd you want to know ?" I asked , tilting my head .

"Nothing , nothing , some guy is probably just making a shit ton of money right now ," He said , running a hand through his hair .

"Right ? How about we buy it somehow and get the money ? We could use it for Peanut ," I laughed , punching Joe's shoulder . He winced , awkwardly laughing and nodding his head .

"Okay , what the hell is wrong with you ?" I huffed , crossing my arms .

"Nothing , Jenny ! It's just cigarette withdraw I guess , I don't know , I've been more shaky ," He said sheepishly , looking up at me . My face relaxed a little bit , feeling guilty that I snapped at him .

"Honey I'm sorry , it went over my head about you quitting , come here , I'm sorry ," I said softly , wrapping him in a hug . "You need anything ?" I asked , running my hands through his hair .

"Nuh uh , just keep doing that ," He mumbled , burying his face in my chest . I kissed him , feeling Joe wrap his arms around my waist , leading me into the living room . I tripped over one of Joe's shoes , falling back onto the couch , Joe coming down with me . I giggled , my cheeks turning red .

"You're so pretty , pretty , pretty ," He sang , bopping his head . "My green eyed girl , SHA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA TI DA !" He shouted , laughing hysterically . I covered his mouth , hearing him still sing it .

"Hey , oh my God , I can feel Peanut kicking !" He exclaimed , raising his eyebrows .

"He does that now , you realize this ?" I giggled , kissing Joe .

"Oh , I was looking through the baby book , and I still can't decide on a name . There's too many-

"I'll look with you later . Jesus , I at least want to give our child a name before I give birth to him ." I chuckled , kissing his forehead .

"Thank you , thank you ," He sighed , biting my collarbone . I squirmed a little , relaxing when he started cuddling with me . He ended up falling asleep , his hot breath on my neck as he pulled me closer to him . He was really trying hard to quit smoking and be a better person , I was proud of him . He's not lying anymore , he seems happier , and he's never angry . I smiled to myself , taking a deep breath .

We're happy again .

The baby name will be revealed tomorrow !!!!