XXVII

^^Y'all look at my bestfriend's husband isn't he the best lovinqdeaky

Joe's POV

I walked into the house and shut the door behind me .

"Babe , I'm home !" I called , setting my keys down on the table . I heard voices upstairs . Lucy and her were probably just talking . I sat down on the couch , scrolling through Instagram and answering fan's texts , especially the ones about me and Ben . They call it Hardzello, right ?

Lucy and Jenny quickly came down the steps , slowing their steps down as they walked towards me . I quickly got up and gave Jenny a hug and a kiss . Lucy waved at me and gave me a quick hug.

"What were you guys doing ?" I asked , returning back to my seat .

"Just talking ." They said in unison, sitting across from me . I raised in eyebrow at them .

"What did you do ?" Jenny said quickly , changing the subject.

"Oh , just showed Rachel around and stuff . Might've started a relationship with her and Flint ," I chuckled , playing with my pop socket.
"But other than that , I just auditioned for the part and they're considering me ." I added .

"Nice , nice ." Lucy said , twirling a pen in her fingers . Jenny nodded in agreement , curling a piece of hair with her finger .

"Is everything alright ?" I asked , tilting my head .

"Oh yeah , yeah ! Totally !" They said in unison once again , nodding their heads quickly .

"I-I should get going. You know Rami , likes attention ,"She smiled awkwardly, grabbing her keys . Jenny and I stood up to give her a goodbye hug and walk her out and whatnot. When she left , we both sat down in silence . It was....very uncomfortable .

"So , um....you hungry ?" I asked , bouncing my knee .

"Oh , yeah , yeah . Like I mean , sort of ." She said shrugging her shoulders.

"We can order pizza if you want ," I suggested , picking up my phone . She nodded in agreement and I ordered a large cheese pizza .

****

As we both grabbed a slice and began to eat , Jenny broke the silence.

"Hey Joe ?" She said quietly . I looked up at her , raising my eyebrows , waiting for her to speak .

"What.....what do you feel about kids ?" She asked quickly. I nearly choked on my pizza . Kids ? Like I mean , I don't know . Whenever she's ready .

"Well , I think we're mature and responsible enough , I'd think we'd make good parents , yeah ?" I said with a small smile , crossing my arms . She nodded slowly and continued to stay quiet , as if she was thinking heavily on something.

"What-What do you think about it ?" I asked nervously. Oh God, what if I scared her ?

"Oh , me ? I think..I think we'd have to learn , but we're responsible adults , right ?" She said quickly , running a hand through her long blonde hair . I nodded , pressing my lips together . Why did she bring it up ? My heart sank as I realized why she could've brought this up .

"You're not...pregnant , are you ?" I asked cautiously , scanning her up and down. Her head shot up when she heard me.

"Me ? Pregnant? No , of course not ! What a silly question! Why would you ask that ?" She chuckled , shaking her head . I shrugged and laughed it off .

"I'm going to use the bathroom, okay?" I said , getting up . She immediately pounced on me , clinging onto my shoudlers as she pulled me down. I yelped at the sudden attack and fell on the couch , with her still on top of me .

"What the hell , Jenny !?" I exclaimed, gently pushing her off .

"I dont want you to leave ! " She said in protest , blocking the upstairs . What was she doing ?

"Why...why not ? Jenny , I'll be right back down , I just need to use the bathroom before I piss myself ." I said , picking her up and placing her behind me as I began to walk up the stairs. She whined and quickly climbed the steps . I was only on the 4rth step when she jumped on my back and started to tickle me on the neck . I shouted out in surprise and staggered back , falling . I was laughing too hard at her tickling that I couldn't breathe .

"Jenny ! Please ! Stop !" I yelled breathlessly, placing my hands on her hips to try and get her off . She stopped , but she didn't get off of me . Instead , she collapsed onto me and wrapped her arms tightly around me , her face buried in my chest .

"Joe , please don't go up there ! You can go take a piss anywhere else , just not in the bathroom !" She whined , squeezing me tighter . What the fuck ? Why couldn't I go into the bathroom ? I sighed and slowly sat up , leaving her on my lap .

"I'll do it in the backyard okay ? Will that make you happy?" I sighed in defeat, rubbing a hand on my forehead. She nodded and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek before climbing off of me . I got up and went into the backyard . The things I do for her .

Jennifer's POV

Okay , while he's busy doing his business, I can go dispose of the pregnancy tests. He doesn't need to see them , especially if they're positive . Hell , I haven't even looked at them yet . I know Lucy did , but Joe came in before she could tell me . I didn't have that much time . I quickly sprinted up the stairs and went into the bathroom. There was only 5 feet away from me and the answer to my question. I slowly walked up to it and picked it up . Oh my God.

Positive.

I'm pregnant.

I heard the opening of a door . He's back . I quickly wrapped it up in toilet paper 15 times and discarded it into the trash . I didn't realize that tears had brimmed my eyes . I quickly wiped them away . I'm...I'm going to be a mom . I'm going to have a child .

I quickly went down the stairs and walked into the kitchen . I grabbed a glass of water and an Advil and quickly downed it. I turned around and almost dropped my glass when I saw it . An envelope with red splotches on it . I picked it up with trembling fingers and opened it . What I saw almost made me scream.