XL

Jenny's POV

"Hey , thanks for paying , you really didn't have too ," I smiled , walking up to my house with him .

"Well , the company was more enjoyable than the lunch itself ." He smiled , walking in with me . When I walked in , I saw Joe writing on a notepad in the kitchen. He looked up and smiled at me , setting down his notepad to come to me .

"Hey babe ! How was lunch ?" He asked , giving me a quick peck on the cheek .

"Great ! Paul picked out the most fabulous place ever ! We've got to go there sometime , the food's wonderful ." I grinned , holding his hand .

"Oh , I've got to grab something upstairs before I go to work ! I'll be right back !" I exclaimed , quickly realizing I left my notes up in my studio .

Joe's POV

"So , Paul . You sure you don't know me from anywhere ?" I asked , stepping closer to him . I was going to find out if he was who I thought he was .

"No , unless you grew up in Australia ," He laughed , shaking his head .

"What college did you go to ?" I asked casually , wanting him to slip up so he could act out .

"Just up in California ." He shrugged before realizing his mistake .

"Paul , buddy , California's in America . And if you just moved here , then how did you go to college here ? You sure I don't know you ?" I asked , smirking .

"Okay , listen here , Joe . Keep your mouth shut , or shit will go down , and you know it ," He said , his accent disappearing . I saw it clearly now . Paul was American . Paul had black hair . Paul was just a fictional character .

It was George .

I knew it.

"As soon as Jenny finds out , you're gone . I'm not going to have to deal with your shit anymore ," I laughed , looking him dead in the eye .

"But , what about this ? I get you out of the picture , and Jenny's mine ? I like that idea better ." He smirked , glancing over at a glass vase .

"What's this ?" He asked mischievously , holding the fragile item .

"It was a gift she got when she was in college . Before her Dad passed away , he traveled around the world alot , and he gave that to her . I think it was from Japan ," I said , looking at the opaque vase . It had gold rimmed at the top and bottom , with white doves carefully painted with detail . It was filled with Russian African Violets ,I think that's what they were called .

"Can you hold it for a second ?" He asked , thrusting it into my hands

"Can you hold it for a second ?" He asked , thrusting it into my hands .

"Um , yeah ?" I said , confused on what he was doing . Suddenly , he smacked his hand on the vase , hard enough to knock it out of my hands . I sprung into action , quickly trying to catch it from a deathly fall , but It was too late . It shattered with a large crash , pieces of glass scattering everywhere . I stood there , my hands out like I was still holding it. My mouth opened , staring at the broken pieces in shock. Before I could do anything , I heard footsteps from the stairs .