XLVII

Joe's POV

I stared at the screen , my heart pounding as I read the message over and over again .

Well I was wondering if you would consider rejoining the gang ?

It felt like a nightmare . The simple answer was no . I wouldn't , I couldn't . But why did it seem so hard to say no ? Why wasn't I typing , "No , are you out of your mind !?"

After I finsihed the cigarette I tossed it , watching it fall to the ground . Why wasn't I saying no ? My hands were shaking so badly I shoved them into my jacket pockets and clenched them together , trying to settle them down .

"Joey ?"

I turned around to see Jenny standing there . Did she see me ? I quickly hopped off the edge and made my way over to her . She never calls me Joey . She called me Joey back in college , but as we got older it was just Joe . She quickly wrapped her arms around my waist , leaning her head on my chest .

"What were you doing ?" She asked softly , looking up at me with her large green eyes .

"Just needed some air ," I said quickly , feeling a pang of guilt for lying .

"Jesus , have you taken a shower ? You smell like...like..." She trailed off , sniffing my jacket . I squeezed my eyes shut , knowing that this will be it . She's going to find out and will kick my ass . Fortunately there was a knock on the door .

"I'll go get it !" I exclaimed , taking long strides to the door . I took a breath of relief , silently thanking who ever was at the door for whatever reason . I took off my jacket and hung it in the closet , hoping hat was the only thing that smelled like smoke . I opened the front door and my jaw dropped at who I saw.

George . Well , Paul , rather .

I shoved him outside and slammed him against the wall , holding him by his collar , ready to strangle his ass . All he did was laugh at me .

"What ? You think it's fucking funny ? Do you ? Do you !?" I snapped ,slamming his body on the wall once more . My head was filled with rage as I watched him laugh like a fucking maniac .

"You're a freak ! You think you can just come in and , and do that shit to Jenny ! You show up to my house in this stupid fucking costume ! What were you going to do ? Make up some shit about her leaving her notes from work ?" I yelled , tightening my grip on his shirt collar .

"I'm sure she wanted it . It was only for a few minutes !" He smirked , looking at me dead in the eye .

"Few minutes my fucking ass ! You think she wanted you ? Why would she want a perverted disappointment !?" I said through clenched teeth . He just laughed .

"I'm going to make sure you can't have any fucking kids by the time I'm done with you !" I shouted , restraining myself from just throwing him out in the road and running him over .

Jenny's POV

I quietly crept down the stairs , hearing yelling from outside . The front door was open , so I figured it was Joe . But why was he so angry ? I slowly approached the door , stepping out to the front yard , where I saw something I don't think I should've .

It was Joe pinning Paul against the wall , looking pissed off .

"Joe ?" I asked , standing there , paralyzed from shock . Joe's face dropped , his face going white when he heard me . He let go of Paul and ran up to me , his eyes wide and frantic .

"Okay , this looks really bad , but I swear I can explain-

"Joe , what the fuck ? What were you just doing to Paul ?" I asked , getting a little scared of how I just saw him act .