1 - One

"Marinette, it's time we finally end you!"

Marinette screamed at the words. How did it all end up to this? How did her mistakes get her here? Why didn't she listen? Why did she become such a failure?

She could remember way back, how she had gotten tricked, how she hadn't believed in herself but chose to believe some two evil girls.

She could remember everything she did wrong, the consequences, but she never thought it could end her up in this situation.

Those friendly smiles. Those nice welcomes. They had all been fake, yet she had believed them all. She had failed to defeat two evil girls, and she knew it. She knew this was the end of her.

If she had just listened to Alya, to Nino and her other friends. If her trust in those two hadn't gotten so big, she wouldn't be here. If she had been way smarter, she wouldn't be here. If she had never given her trust to those girls, she would never be here.

She remembered the first day she met her first enemy. She had been a new student at school, and Chloe Bourgeois had been the first to welcome her, after Alya, Nino and Adrien. She had welcomed her with such a fake smile that looked so real. She had welcomed her with happiness on the outside but hatred on the inside.

Marinette had wondered what she ever did to Chloe. She wasn't sure, but she thought maybe Chloe had jealousy burning inside of her. Chloe was the daughter of the Mayor, yet Gabriel Agreste chose Marinette's design over hers. When Marinette moved to that school and Chloe told her father all about the bluenette, Mr. Bourgeois suddenly seemed so interested in Marinette.

Marinette could remember the day Mayor Bourgeois had welcomed her inside his own mansion. Chloe was being all nice, but Marinette should have known that it was all fake. Even Alya and Nino had warned her to stay away from Chloe. Why hadn't she listened? Why hadn't she been smarter?

Chloe filled her with lies, told her fake stories about horrible things that happened to her. And she believed them all. Stupid!

Then she met her second enemy. Lila Rossi was also a new student and got into Marinette's class. Marinette thought she could make friends with her, but the same thing happened all over again.

Unfortunately, Marinette and Lila were going for the same boy: Adrien Agreste. At first, Lila had thought Marinette liked Nathaniel, but when she found out it was Adrien, she couldn't help being angry at that and knew she had a rival.

Marinette had been welcomed by these two girls like this, and she thought it was all real. She thought they were her true friends, but in reality, they were just faking.

She remembered when Lila and Chloe had met. Those two became friends in a flash and started talking to each other more often.

And that's when rumors started to kick in. At least... Those rumors were true. Marinette, feeling that she got two great friends beside her, had told them a lot of secrets that she had. Lila and Chloe had taken advantage of those secrets.

Those two girls had gone and told everyone the secrets, and then when Marinette asked why they did that, they both said it had been Alya.

"Oh Marinette, you have to believe us," Lila had said. "We're your best friends, after all, we would never do such a thing. Alya, you've told her your secrets too. She went and told everyone else because she felt jealous that the three of us have gotten so close."