30 - Thirty

"So, what do you plan to do now?" Chloe looked up at Lila once again, waiting for the girl's answer. Once Lila didn't reply for a while, Chloe looked back down. "The silent treatment, huh?"

"No, I just-" Lila spoke. "I know we're trying to get revenge on Marinette, but I... I kind of want to focus more on Adrien now. I mean... I don't even know if we're friends or not. You understand, right?"

"Of course, go do your thing," Chloe rolled her eyes. "Adrien seems to come first before any other thing. If you want though... I can help you."

"You're offering help? Gee, thanks, Chloe." Lila smiled. "See, this is what best friends are for... Anyway... Where is Sabrina?"

"She said she went to buy something," Chloe looked around. "But she has been gone for more than 20 minutes. I mean how long does it take to buy something and come back?!"

"Oh, there she is," Lila pointed at the girl that was walking up to them. She stood up and walked over to Sabrina. "Where have you been?! And where's the thing you said you went off to buy. You came back empty-handed?"

"I... They sold out, so I decided to go for a walk," Sabrina shrugged. She had promised Marinette that she wouldn't tell Chloe and Lila what she had been told, and she actually planned to keep her promise. At least it meant that Marinette was going to back away from her friends.

Lila groaned. "You should have called us or something. I mean, we weren't worried, but you can't just go off like that!" Sabrina secretly rolled her eyes. "Anyway," Lila continued, turning to Chloe. "As I was saying... I want to focus on Adrien. I want to go see him now and see if I can be able to hang with him."

"Sure, whatever." Chloe didn't look like she cared, so Lila went off, looking around for Adrien.

"Boyfriend!"

Then she heard his voice. Turning around, she clenched her fists seeing Adrien together with Marinette and her parents. She started walking closer to them as Marinette and her parents yelled out a word out of shock.

"She's my girlfriend. Right, Marinette?"

Lila frowned, and started backing away from them. She was blinking rapidly, hoping that what she had just heard wasn't really at all. She gulped when she heard Adrien and Marinette talking. She couldn't believe that Adrien even thought about being in a relationship with Marinette. Why did it have to be her?!

"B-but... Will you be my girlfriend anyways?" Adrien looked dead serious as he looked Marinette in the eye. Marinette was shaking, her mouth wide opened as if she couldn't believe all this was happening.

"NO!" Lila didn't mean to, but she yelled out the word anyway. She walked straight up to the two. "No, wait. I have to... I have to talk to Marinette." She grabbed Marinette's hand before Marinette could even say anything, and soon she was being dragged away by Lila.

"What do you want?!" Marinette glared at her. "You ruined a perfect moment, Lila. Whatever you have to say, it better be good. And it better not be about you and how you 'deserve to have a chance at Adrien'. Understood?!"

Lila gritted her teeth. Her face was all red from anger. It was as if any moment now and she would explode. "You have to say no!"

"Why?" Marinette folded her arms. "It's still about you, isn't it? You still and always think about you. You put yourself first! Lila, I'm done with your jealousy and selfishness!"

"You have to say no!" Lila repeated. "Sure, I was fine with you two going out, but this... It's too much!"

"You think it's too much because you never thought we would be able to get this far!" Marinette smirked. "You can't control me, Lila. You can't do anything. I make my own choice! And I'm going to say yes!"

Lila blinked as Marinette started walking away from her. She reached out to grab Marinette's hand again, but missed as Marinette slapped her hand off. Lila watched with wide eyes as Marinette reached up to Adrien. She said one word, and immediately Adrien had pulled her into a kiss.

Lila slid to the ground, this time feeling that it was over.

~~~

"So yes, we got another helper for the bakery," Sabine cheered happily. "He's going to start working with us next week. You know what; I'm quite happy we have a new helper. See, a lot of people has been coming to the bakery to buy some pastries, so a new helper is really quite needed."

"Really? I'm so glad. Who is he?" Marinette took a croissant and popped it inside her mouth, chewing loudly. Right now, she, Adrien and her parents were sitting on a blanket, with a box of different pastries. Sabine and Tom were just talking about the new helper they had gotten.

"One of my pal," Tom answered the question. "His name is Charles." As he reached to grab a macaroon, he looked over at Adrien. "Son, are you sure you're fine."

"No, it's absolutely great." Adrien didn't want anyone feeling bad for him. He wanted to so bad hang out with Marinette and her parents, but you know, he couldn't eat any of the pastries they had, so all he did was talk, listen and tried his hardest to avoid being tempted.

"If you want, we can take the pastries away," Tom tried again, but Adrien quickly stopped him, telling him how he didn't want to be a burden.

They had been sitting here for almost an hour, eating and talking and laughing. The time was about 7:30pm, almost time to pack up and go home. Marinette turned to Adrien and offered a croissant. "I'm sure one wouldn't hurt."

"Yeah, but I'm not allowed," Adrien reminded once again.

"I'm not going to force you, but pastries aren't bad. Sure, they can ruin your health... If you eat them too much, but it's just one. I'm just you'll be fine," Marinette shrugged. "But, I don't want to get you in trouble, so..."

Adrien looked over at the box. Finally he reached and grabbed a croissant, staring at it, then turned back to Marinette. "You're right. One wouldn't hurt. Especially when Nathalie nor Gorilla knows." Marinette nodded and watched as he put the pastry in his mouth and chewed on it.

Minutes later, he grabbed another one. "Maybe two. Two wouldn't hurt, right?" Marinette nodded again, and Adrien ate another.

The more they talked, the more pastries Adrien was eating without realizing it. Finally, he looked down at a macaroon, probably his sixth and gulped it down anyway.

"Adrien!"

Adrien froze at the voice. He slowly turned around to see Nathalie, and she did not look too happy.

"I leave you just for an hour and this is what you do?!" Nathalie grabbed his arm, pulling him away. "We're going home!"

~~~

Word Count: 1170 (excluding this)
-Edited-