6 - Six

Marinette got her bag from her locker, before heading to the cafeteria to eat her lunch. As soon as stepped inside, Chloe stood up from where she was sitting with Sabrina, and started waving her arms carelessly.

"Over here, Marinette," She called out, catching some attention but not caring a single bit. "Come sit with me and Sabrina."

Marinette sighed and started walking over to Sabrina and Chloe. "Hey listen, I want to have a talk with Ivan and Mylene."

Chloe looked up and frowned. "Why would you want to eat with those two losers? Come sit with us instead. We're way better, and you can talk to us about anything. We'll be able to help you. There's no need to go to Ivan and Mylene!" She spit out their names as if she was disgusted by them.

"No, this is really important. I'm sorry, but I might not be able to sit with you today," Marinette shrugged as she pulled out a notepad from her bag. "Sorry Chloe, Sabrina." Sabrina didn't even look like she cared. In fact, something told Marinette that Sabrina was glad she was leaving the table.

Marinette turned and started walking over to the table where Ivan and Mylene were sitting. Sitting with them were also Juleka and Rose. Marinette waved and sat down next to Rose.

"Hey guys," She waved at them. Rose was the first to say hi, the others looked down as if they didn't want Marinette here.

"Weren't you going to sit with Chloe?" Ivan blurted as he folded his arms. "I mean... You two are friends after all, aren't you. What? Did she abandon you?"

"Ivan!" Mylene smacked his arm, giving him the look to stop saying rude words at Marinette.

Marinette shook her head. "No, it's perfectly okay. I know why you all hate me so much." She remembered, this was the beginning of their friendship. In her last life, she was being told a story about how one of Chloe's new friend used them and tricked them.

Chloe had made a new friend, it was also a new girl that had just come to the school. That girl just wanted to be popular, so she decided to go along and become Chloe's friend. Chloe used her to prank a lot of people, trick them and use them, including Ivan, Mylene, Juleka and Rose. In fact, that new friend of Chloe's took it so far that it almost got Ivan and Mylene to break up.

"Oh, you know why we hate you?" Ivan frowned. "So Chloe told you the story of us, then?"

"No," Marinette quickly shook her head again. "But I understand that part of the reason you hate me is because I'm Chloe's new friend, and you're all worried that I could do something to you."

They all turned to each other, then Rose spoke. "It's okay if you want to be Chloe's friend, we're not against that. We just hate the fact that she uses her new friends to torment us, that's all."

Marinette instantly felt bad for them all over again. "So I bet you all are wondering why I'm here, sitting with you." They all nodded. "Well... It's because I need some advice... About love."

"Oh," Juleka nodded, then turned back to her food.

"Well, Ivan and Mylene might be able to help you," Rose smirked as she looked at the two. "Right?"

"Well, I was hoping you would." Marinette smiled as Mylene slowly nodded her head. "See... I have a crush on Adrien, and I want him to fall for me before he falls for any other girl."

"I'm not surprised," Mylene shrugged. "Well, if you want to make him like you, then you have to make him feel comfortable around you first. Hang out with him a lot, become friends with him first."

"Friends first, got it!" The four of them watched as Marinette wrote in her notepad, then looked back up. "And then what's next?"

"Look for signs," Mylene spoke. "Look for signs to see if he likes you as more then a friend or anything like that."

"How? What would be the signs?"

"If you catch him staring at you for too long," Mylene snapped her fingers. "Then that means he's probably checking you out, yeah. Also, if he goes protective of you, like let's say, a boy starts talking to you, and he quickly jumps in and take you away from the guy, then that means he's jealous. That means he doesn't want you dating other guys."

Marinette nodded, making sure to print it down in her notepad. "Protective."

She could tell that Chloe and Sabrina were looking back at her, wondering what she was doing. Once Mylene told her all she needed to hear, Marinette decided to stay with her new friends.

"Why are you even having around Chloe and Sabrina?" Mylene frowned. "I mean, you seem like such a nice person, but Chloe... She's not a very good friend, you know that, right?"

If Marinette couldn't tell Alya about what had actually been going in, then how could she tell these guys as well? "Don't even worry about it," Was all she could say now. "Later on, you guys will know why."

"Are you getting revenge on her?" Ivan asked. In her last life, when Ivan had asked that, of course she had immediately said no. But now... Now it was a definite yes.

"Something like that," Marinette smirked as she took a sip of her drink. She could see Ivan smirking at the idea as well, liking the idea of getting revenge on Chloe.

"Can I help?" He whispered this so no one could hear him. Marinette thought about it, then answered. "You can help when I need your help." Ivan just nodded.

Marinette looked around and finally her eyes landed on the one she had been expecting to be here. "I'll be right back." She stood up and started walking over to Alya's table, where Nino and Adrien sat with her. She realized, ever since she came to this school, she had never talked to Nino or Adrien. She wanted to make friends with them now.

"Hey Marinette," Alya waved as she came closer and took a seat next to her. "What's up? Chloe is seriously allowing you to sit with us?"

"Actually," Marinette pointed back at Ivan's table. "I was sitting with Ivan, Mylene, Juleka and Rose. My lunch is still there. I just came here to properly introduce myself, since I haven't talked to you two yet."

Nino bit his lip as he looked at her. He never really knew what to think about people that decided to be Chloe's friends, after all, later on they would turn out bad. But Marinette seemed sort of different. "Hey. I'm Nino."

"Yes," Marinette nodded. "Listen, don't be mad at me or anything. Soon you'll understand why I'm friends with Chloe."

Adrien then looked up from his phone. "So are you... Playing her or something? You're pretending to be her friend? You're using her?"

Marinette widened her eyes. This was not exactly how she expected it to go. In her last life, she never told them that she was just playing with Chloe, because she really wasn't. Adrien kinda looked mad.

"No, that is absolutely not what I'm trying to say," Marinette exclaimed very quickly. She was supposed to be making Adrien fall in love with her, not hate her. "You see, when I went to hang out with Chloe and Sabrina, Chloe was being so mean to Sabrina, and I felt so had. So, I decided to teach Chloe a lesson and show her that she should treat Sabrina better. After all, Sabrina is her best friend."

Adrien gave her a smile. "That's... A very good reason." Marinette nodded with a smile, knowing that she succeeded. With her going back into time, she already knew every single mistakes she made, and she knew exactly how to solve them.

By the time Lila got here, Adrien would already be head over heels for Marinette.

~~~

Word Count: 1352 (excluding this)
-Edited-