2 - Two

I don't want to die. I know everything may not be good now, but maybe I can fix it. Maybe I can get people to believe that it had been Lila and Chloe all these times.

It was my fault that I believed them, and I don't think I could even forgive myself for doing that, but I have to at least try.

Wait! How am I still thinking? I already died. Why is my brain still working?

Marinette's eyes fluttered opened. She looked around where she was, realizing she was in her own bedroom. She felt her body, wanting to find out if she was a ghost. Could she go through a wall?

Standing up from her bed, Marinette tried going through her wall, but instead she bumped into it.

I... I'm alive...

What had happened? Why wasn't she dead? Was that all just a dream, a very awful dream that she had?

"Marinette." Marinette turned around at the voice, finding her mother, Sabine Dupain-Cheng. "Ah, Marinette you're awake. I thought I had to go wasting my five minutes trying to wake you up."

"Hey mom," Marinette felt so unsure of what was happening, but maybe her mother knew. Maybe she could ask her mother later on.

"Marinette, aren't you feeling excited?" Sabine walked up to her daughter, placing hand on her shoulder. "Today is the first day you start school. Get ready quickly."

"What? But I..."

"What? Is there a problem?" Sabine frowned at her daughter. Just yesterday Marinette had been telling her about how she couldn't wait to start school, but now she seemed so unsure.

Marinette on the other hand was scared. If this was her first day starting school, then that meant two things. 1) either every thing that had happened was all a horrible nightmare, or 2) she rose from the dead and went back in time.

Marinette gave her mother a thumbs up, telling her that she wanted to start getting ready now. Sabine nodded and left the room.

If it's number one, well that would make a little sense. But everything that happened felt so real. Lila and Chloe were really going to burn me to death.

If it's number two, I just don't understand. Number two makes more sense, but it's very hard to believe.

As she got ready for school, Marinette thought about what was happening. Was there anyone else this was happening to? Or was she the only one? Well I mean, it's not everyday that you wake up and realize that you were supposed to be dead already.

After getting all ready for her first day of school, Marinette headed downstairs. Her parents weren't acting weird, they weren't acting as if they went back in time, so Marinette was starting to have second thoughts on asking them about what was going on.

She ate some breakfast, and got up to leave. Everything was happening exactly the way they did before. She knew what was going to happen next, what people were going to say next.

So does that mean I'm going to die all over again? Does that mean Lila and Chloe are going to start hating on me all over again, try to get everyone against me, and try to end me?

Marinette shook that thought off her head and headed to school, which wasn't far from the bakery.

"Class," The teacher, Miss Bustier said when she entered the class. "This is our new student, Marinette Dupain-Cheng. Please welcome her with kindness and respect. Marinette, you may sit right next to Alya."

Alya didn't have to raise her hand for Marinette to know who she was. Marinette started walking towards her. As she did, she took a peak at Chloe, who didn't seem to notice her at first.

Marinette reached inside her bag to grab some of the school supplies she had brought. She got out her blank notebook and turned to the first page, only to find a piece of paper inside it.

What is this? This never happened before.

She took out the folded paper, opening it up, realizing it was a note. After she had unfolded it, she started reading.

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng. In your last life, you failed... You failed everything because you were clueless about everything. Your two biggest enemies, Lila Rossi and Chloe Bourgeois ended you out of anger and jealousy. But now it's time you get them back!

You have gone back into time to fix all the mistakes you made. You have gone back into time to defeat Chloe and Lila, and put them in their place.

You already know how the story goes; how Lila and Chloe fooled you and got everyone against you; how they took everything away from you and how they finally finished you off at the end. You now know all their plans, so now it's time to use their plans against them.

For this, you must be very smart and make great and wise choices, because if you fail all over again, this time, it will really be the end of you.

- Fu

Marinette smiled at her paper. This note explained everything and what was going on. She slipped the paper inside her bag and faced the front.

Fu? Who's that?

She looked at Chloe, and noticed the blonde staring back at her. Finally Chloe peeled her eyes off of her and faced the front as well.

~~~

Word Count: 907 (excluding this)
-Edited-