15 - Fifteen

"HOW COULD YOU DO THAT?!" Lila yelled for the 5th time at Marinette's face. "You knew I liked him, and you said you didn't, so why did you say yes?!"

Chloe walked inside the bathroom, hearing... No, actually overhearing Lila screaming. "What's going on here?"

Lila turned to Chloe, then stormed towards her. "Marinette is going out with Adrien, and what's worse? She told me earlier that she didn't like him. She lied straight up to my face."

Marinette knew it was going to take a while to get Lila to forgive her for this one, but honestly, she wasn't worried. "Lila, like I said. Adrien asked me, there was no way I could say no to him. Besides, what can a little lying do to you? All I said was that I didn't like him. Maybe you could have been smarter and understood that it was a lie, huh."

"Marinette!" Chloe couldn't believe what she was hearing. "How could you say that?! Lila is your best friend. You should be nice to her. If she wants Adrien, then let her have Adrien."

"But what if Adrien doesn't like her?" Marinette asked as she folded her arms.

Lila stormed back to Marinette. "Adrien doesn't like me yet, because I haven't got time to really talk to him, and you know why? Because you always come in the way! You always ruin everything for me!" And she stormed out of the bathroom.

Marinette turned to Chloe and shrugged. "But Adrien asked me, not her. I think you should tell her yourself that she doesn't have a chance with Adrien!" And Marinette walked out of the bathroom as well.

"Hey Marinette, wait up!" Rose ran up to the girl that was walking out of the bathroom. She had just overheard something that was going to ruin her, and now she wanted to tell Marinette about it before it was too late.

Marinette stopped and turned around, waiting for Rose to catch up to her. Rose stopped and breathed in and out when she reached up to Marinette. "What is it, Rose?" Marinette was secretly hoping that Rose would tell her that she would help her.

"I overheard something you would like to know about," Rose took out her phone. "I recorded it as well, and thought you might want to hear it."

Marinette smiled. Rose would make such a great helper. "Alright, let's hear it."

Rose pressed the play button on her phone, and the both of them stood as they listened to the recording.

"So, what did Marinette do to go against you?"

"She stole my chance of getting together with Adrien. She knew I liked him, she told me she didn't like him, and when Adrien asked her out, she accepted it. What about you? What did she do to you?"

"She stole Chloe from me. Chloe and I used to be best friends, she would take me anywhere and everywhere when she had time. But then suddenly Marinette appears, and Chloe just stops hanging out with me. It's like Marinette is Chloe's new best friend."

"What should we do to get back at her, Sabrina? You got any ideas?"

"The Fun Fair. We need to ruin it for Marinette! We can do something to perhaps sabotage her things. We can wreck whatever she's bringing to the Fun Fair."

"I like that idea."

Marinette gasped when the recording stopped. She had absolutely no idea that this conversation happened, and maybe it was because nobody told her about it. Rose might have been the only one who overheard and decided to record it. Marinette wondered, if she had never approached Rose and told her the truth, would Rose be helping her right now? No, because in her last life, Rose might have overheard, but decided to do nothing about it.

Another thing that got to Marinette was that she had no idea that Sabrina and Lila were working together. So, not only was Lila working with Chloe, but she was also secretly working with Sabrina. Did Chloe know about that?

In her last life, when the Fun Fair had been ruined for her, her first thought was Chloe and Lila, because she knew now that they were trying to get her. But now, she changed her mind. Maybe Sabrina and Lila were the ones to ruin the Fun Fair for her.

"Rose, thank you so much for this. I wouldn't have been able to know about this if you hadn't showed me," Marinette smiled, pulling Rose into a tight hug. "Alright," She broke the hug. "Now I have to start planning on how to get back at Sabrina and Lila so they can't ruin my time at the Fun Fair."

A part of Marinette had expected Rose to be coming to her and telling her that she would help her. This was enough to help Marinette, and she couldn't be more happier that Rose had gotten the guts to record and show her.

"Hey, Marinette!"

Marinette stopped and turned around once again. "Yes, what is it, Rose?"

Rose replied. "You have me on your side now."

Marinette smiled. "Thank you." Rose nodded and Marinette walked away.

~~~

Marinette had already told her parents about the date. Adrien had called and told her that he was going to pick her up. Where they were going, Marinette had no idea. Adrien just said it was a surprise.

Now Marinette was in her room, going through her dresses and trying to find one to wear. She groaned when she couldn't, so she gave Alya a call to quickly come over and help her out.

While Marinette was waiting for Alya to come over, she sat down at her desk, and wondered how she was going to stop Sabrina and Lila from ruining her time at the Fun Fair. Maybe... Maybe if she ruined their time, they would back away.

Marinette shook her head. She had to take care of her section (where she was selling her pastries), but she also wanted to hang out with her friends, enjoy her time, and try the stuff others came up with. And if she went to do that, Lila and Sabrina would probably find a way to break in some how, and possibly ruin all her pastries so she wouldn't have any left to give away.

The trapdoor then suddenly opened and Alya walked inside. "You need me? Well, here I am, at your service."

Marinette giggled and stood up. "Yup, I need you. I can't find a dress to wear."

"Why do you need a dress?" Alya asked as she took a look at all the dresses Marinette had.

"Oh, I... Did I forget to tell you?" Alya nodded. "Well... Adrien asked me out, and I want to find the perfect dress, because I don't exactly know where he's taking me, but I want to make sure the dress I'm wearing is perfect and..."

"Nino is also taking me out," Alya interrupted, "and I don't know where he's taking me. Here, why don't we go to the mall and see what we can find there that would fit us? I could also use a dress."

Marinette nodded, agreeing. They would have just found a dress in Marinette's sketchbook, but there wasn't time to make two new dresses, so now they had to go buy them. "We have exactly 40 minutes, so we better hurry." Marinette opened the trapdoor and the both of them got downstairs.

~~~

Word Count: 1248 (excluding this)
-Edited-