7 - Seven

Marinette took a deep breath before walking up to Adrien. In her last life, she hadn't approached Adrien at all, she just waited for Adrien to come to her, and now she knew that was a huge mistake. When she was dying, Lila had told her, "You know, Marinette; if we had never made Adrien go against you, you two might have been the ones ending up together." So didn't that mean that Adrien would have liked her instead of Lila if she had approached him?

"Hey Marinette," Adrien waved when he saw her. She quickly waved back, trying not to get nervous all over again.

"What's up?" It seemed like having to go back into time made her more confident, because she knew if she made a mistake, she knew how to solve it. "Are you waiting for your... Limo?"

"Yeah, I actually am," Adrien nodded.

"Well Adrien, I have a good feeling about you," Marinette said. Don't mess this up. Don't mess this up. Choose wise words only. "I think we can become great friends. Do you want to... Maybe come over to my place and we can hang out?"

As soon as she asked, Chloe stepped out of the building. "Hey Adri-kins. Hey Marinette. I was wondering if you wanted to come over to my place and hang out. Just the two of us."

Chloe must have overheard me asking Adrien, and now she's trying to ruin my chances. "Actually Chloe, I was just asking Adrien if he wanted to come over."

"Oh, that's no problem," Chloe still had on her big smile. "Adrien can come join us too, and the three of us can hang out."

"Yes, but don't you think Adrien would feel uncomfortable hanging out with two girls. And don't you think he would feel alone as well?" Marinette was trying to find excuses to make Chloe leave. "Think about it."

Chloe rolled her eyes. "Marinette, Adrien and I are best friends. We met when we were about 5, okay? He's not going to feel uncomfortable and alone when he's around me."

See, this never happened in her old life, and this is because Marinette chose a different thing to do. In her old life, she never approached Adrien, therefore she and Chloe never had this conversation. Marinette clenched her fists, feeling a bit annoyed now.

"Adrien, do you still want to-" Marinette turned around, only to see that Adrien wasn't with them anymore. A little far away from them, the girls could see Adrien's limo pulling away. Great. Thanks a lot, Chloe!

"Now that he's gone, I guess it's okay for just us two to hang," Chloe smiled at her, as if she knew that Adrien was going to leave. This never happened to Marinette, therefore she knew that if she went with Chloe, anything could happen.

Marinette shook her head. "No thanks." It's better to stick with what actually happened for now.  "I need to go home. I bet my parents want me to help them with the bakery, so that's what I'm going to do."

"Your bakery? This just gives me an idea," Chloe followed Marinette down the stairs of the school. She pulled out her phone, giving someone a call. "Yes, don't come for me. Uh-huh, I'll be with my new best friend, Marinette... Alright, ta-ta."

"What was that?" Marinette frowned. In her old life, Chloe never came to her bakery, at least not this soon. What would happen if Chloe came now?

"I gave my driver a call telling him not to come for me anymore," Chloe answered as the two girls continued to walk. "I want to go to your bakery, Marinette. I don't want to help around the bakery, but maybe I can try some of the pastries you make."

Marinette wasn't sure, but she shrugged and nodded. Leading Chloe to the bakery, they finally got there and went inside. Her parents were quick to pull her into a hug and welcome her back, and they were quite surprised when they saw Chloe with her as well.

The time with Chloe there was not actually that bad. Marinette didn't have fun with Chloe around, but the more she talked, the more Marinette knew about her. The more Chloe talked, the more Marinette could understand her weakness and what she was capable of doing. Marinette wasn't sure if that was going to help her, but she could still try.

~~~

Marinette knew she was running out of time. Tomorrow was the day Lila was coming to their school, and if Lila came, things would be a 100 times harder, and Lila would try to take Adrien away from her.

This is why she called for Alya's help. Alya convinced Adrien to switch spots with her before class started. To do that, she had to tell him about her crush on Nino, and tell him that she wanted to spend time with Nino for a while. Adrien was quick to help, and immediately switched spots with her.

Marinette looked at the first one on the list in her notepad that Mylene had given her. 1.) Make friends with him first. Make sure he's comfortable around you. She looked up from her book and smiled at Adrien, who smiled back.

"Listen, yesterday didn't exactly go as planned," She cleared her throat and continued. "I... Wanted to get to know you better, but Chloe was quick to ruin that. Do you think I have another chance on asking you out- I mean, asking you to hang out!" Marinette quickly turned away in embarrassment.

Adrien chuckled. "Sure, I would definitely love to, but I have to convince my father first to let me. You see, he barely even lets me hang out with my friends."

"Oh, Gabriel? Yes, I've heard about him," Marinette wasn't sure what she was saying now, but she carried on anyways. "Adrien, it's completely fine. I am joining the design in competition your father is holding. If you tell him that you just want to hang out with one of the people that are joining to know them better, wouldn't he agree?"

Adrien thought about it, before looking back at her. "It might work. It's worth a shot, and I'll definitely ask him."

To hear that Adrien was going to ask his father just so he could hang out with her meant a lot, and she knew she was succeeding little by little. With a wide smile, Marinette looked away, trying to contain her blush.

If she succeeded, Lila would barely have a chance with Adrien.

~~~

Word Count: 1097 (excluding this)
-𝓔𝓭𝓲𝓽𝓮𝓭-