31 - Thirty • One

"No, wait! You can't take Adrien!" Marinette quickly stood up and grabbed Adrien's arm, trying to pull him away from Nathalie. "It wasn't his fault. It was mine. I told him to eat those pastries!"

"I knew it!" Nathalie didn't look too satisfied with the answer. Instead she looked even more mad. "I knew if Adrien was around you, you would get him to eat these nasty pastries!"

"They're not nasty!" Sabine stood up. "You know, I don't think it's fair on how you treat this boy. Why isn't he allowed to eat any food as he wishes?! Life is short you know. There's no time to be safe, and not try new things. In the end, you'll regret it!"

"Please Mrs. Cheng. Mr. Agreste stated very clearly that Adrien was not allowed to eat these," Nathalie replied. "It's not a rule I made up for Adrien. It was simply all Gabriel! And I have to do everything I can to make sure Adrien doesn't disobey these rules. It was a mistake to leave him with you three!"

Marinette glared at Nathalie. "Seriously?! Just for a few pastries?!" She bent down and grabbed a pastry. "Have you ever tried one? What makes you think you can just call them nasty?!"

"Well..." Nathalie didn't answer.

Marinette took the chance, stepping closer to Nathalie, and stuffed the pastry in her mouth. "Just try one!"

Nathalie was quick to spit it out. "We're done here! Don't even think about seeing Adrien again, Miss. Cheng!" She angrily started dragging Adrien away as Adrien waved her a sad goodbye.

Marinette groaned. "That was my fault, wasn't it?"

"Well, you were most definitely brave to force that pastry inside of her mouth," Tom lightly laughed. "Funny as well." Marinette sighed and sat back down on the blanket.

But me and Adrien just got together! I was looking forward to spending the rest of my time here with him...

~~~

"Did you get the blanket?" Tom asked again and Marinette nodded, showing him the folded blanket she was carrying. Marinette put the blanket inside the box neatly, before she grabbed the box and headed to the car.

Yup! Fun Fair was over. Marinette did have fun; definitely better fun than she had at her last life. Chloe, Sabrina and Lila didn't attack her at all. Sabrina was busy thinking about what Marinette said, Lila was busy crying over Adrien and Marinette being together, and Chloe was busy trying to calm Lila down. This wasted the girls time, and they didn't get enough time to get in with their plan.

Ivan had promised Marinette that about a few days, he would be able to come up with a plan on how to get the girls to fight with each other. Rose, Mylene, Alya and Nino had agreed to help Marinette find out who the girls' spy was. Overall, this was how Marinette wanted her Fun Fair to go... But Adrien.

Adrien had to leave an hour early, due to the fact that he ate what he wasn't supposed to eat, which Marinette thought was absolutely unfair, but she was glad that he was able to stay for more than 2 hours anyway. So, basically to wrap things up; her Fun Fair hadn't went that badly.

Most of the people were gone already; some were still packing up, including Chloe and Lila, who exclaimed to be only waiting for Marinette.

Once Marinette was done packing up, she started heading in the car, but Chloe stopped her with a frown. "Marinette, aren't you going to ride with us?"

"No," Marinette gave her an innocent smile. "I want to go home with my parents, so don't even bother." She closed the car door, and rolled up window so she wouldn't hear what Chloe had to say next. Chloe just walked away.