35 - Thirty • Five

Sabrina had asked to leave school first. To be honest, Marinette wasn't 100% sure, but she guessed that it was because Sabrina didn't want to see her.

Marinette walked outside of the school. She walked down the stairs, her bag hung over her shoulder. She wanted to talk to Sabrina so badly, but she wasn't sure if Sabrina wanted to talk to her.

Then her phone dinged. She wanted it to be Sabrina... But then she remembered that she didn't even have Sabrina in her contact. Did Sabrina even have a phone?

A - hey.

A - my father gave me my phone back and I can have it for 2 hours. Thought I would text you and see what was up. Sorry if I'm disrupting your class...

M - no, it's fine. I'm going home anyways.

A - why are you going home? There's still two more periods before the school day ends.

M - something happened with Sabrina and I. We both are heading home.

A- oh no, did you two get into a fight?!

M - nah... But I think Sabrina might know about my situation. I'm not sure yet about what's going on with her, but I want to talk to her so badly.

A - do you want me to give her a call?

Marinette would have replied, but once she saw who was in front of her, she put her phone back in her pocket and started heading over to her.

"Hey Sabrina."

Sabrina flinched at the voice. She quickly stood up from the bench, and was about to start walking away when Marinette dragged her back down.

"You can't keep running away from me, Sabrina," Marinette sighed. "Please trust me. I want you to tell me about everything you know... I want you to explain to me more clearly, because I don't fully understand."

"I said... I know you went back into time! I know you got reborn!" Sabrina exclaimed.

"Yeah, but how do you know that?" Marinette asked. It took a while for Sabrina to answer. It could be that she was thinking whether to tell Marinette the truth, but once she spoke up, her words shocked Marinette more than she thought it would.

"Because I also went back into time."

Marinette didn't full understand. "How? I mean, why? Why would you need to go back into time? Did you die in your last life?"

Sabrina sniffed. She looked like she was about to cry, but she held the tears in. "Almost. I was pushed down from a very top building. Before the doctors could even fully heal me, I was suddenly lying on my own bed, feeling all well."

"How... I mean, when did that happen? Sabrina, can you start from the beginning?"

Sabrina nodded. She clutched unto her skirt, as if she was hesitating. But then she spoke anyway. She wanted to get the words out. She didn't want to be the only one with the truth.

"Listen carefully, and don't interrupt me!" Marinette quickly nodded. "I... I was also with Chloe and Lila when they were getting revenge on you. When you came to the school, I didn't really think much about you, but once I saw how close you were getting to Chloe, I started to get angry. I tried to make a deal with Rose, for her to partner with me and take you down, but she refused. But then, Chloe and Lila told me about their revenge plan.