58 - Fifty • Eight

"Marinette, you have a visitor!" Sabine yelled out. Marinette walked out of her room, walking past Sabine, Charles and Tom. She felt her face heat up once she saw it was Adrien.

"Hey," She raised her arm, giving him a small wave.

Adrien had a bright smile on his face. "Hi. See, I asked my father and he finally agreed to let us go out!"

"What! No way." Without realizing it, Marinette had pulled Adrien into a hug, feeling the wide smile on her face. When she broke the hug with a red face, she asked. "Where are we going?"

"They're throwing a party in school now and all are welcomed," Adrien replied. "Miss Bustier said it was just to cool off and have a great time for the great work students did, but I bet you that the reason is that Lila finally left."

Marinette laughed along with him. "Alright, I'll go get ready." As she ran past her parents, she yelled out to them, "keep him company till I come back!"

Being in her room again, Marinette searched her closet for the most suitable and comfortable dress that she could wear. Finally her eyes sparkled at a dress that she had bought when she went to the mall with Alya, Chloe and Sabrina.

Quickly putting it on, Marinette grabbed her purse and headed downstairs, where Adrien was laughing at something Tom had said

"Alright Adrien, I'm all ready." Marinette walked towards him. "Bye, mom and dad. Bye Charles. I'll see you three tonight."

Sabrina chuckled as she watched her daughter and Adrien walk out of the bakery. "Oh, hasn't she grown up?"

~~~

"Isn't this party such a bomb!" Nino exclaimed. "Man, I really do feel better, and confident about the math test."

"No need to worry," Marinette said, having to yell as the loud music was on. "I think you'll do great, Nino."

"Ooh, a slow music is coming up," Alya quickly grabbed Nino's arm. "I think this calls for a slow dance!"

Marinette blushed as Adrien took her hand, pulling her towards the dance floor with the rest of the others.

Marinette put her hand on Adrien's shoulders as Adrien wrapped his around her waist. Marinette moved her feet, dancing around with Adrien. As she did, all she could think about was her and Adrien, how her new life was so different from her old life. How she had really improved, and how she wouldn't change this moment at all.

In her last life, Lila and Chloe had ended her, but now in this new life that had been given to her, Lila had been the one ended. True, what happened to Lila wasn't as bad as what Lila did to her in her last life, but at least now Lila knew she should back off.

She blushed as she thought about how she had been too scared to approach Adrien in her last life, but had the courage to approach him now.

If she ever met that man, Fu, the one to give her this opportunity to change what happened to her... She would thank him a dozen times, do something for him to show her appreciation.

Marinette stared up to face Adrien again, staring into his eyes. Finally she stood on her tippy toes, leaning in and kissed him, him kissing her back. She felt all sorts of happiness inside of her as she broke the kiss.

After minutes of dancing, the slow music stopped, changing back to the loud music as everyone started doing their own freestyle dances.

"Marinette," Chloe walked up to her, pointing behind her. "Someone wants to talk to you in the locker room."

"Oh, who?"

Chloe shrugged. "I didn't see his face, but he told me to send you to the locker room."

Marinette nodded. "I'll be back," She promised Adrien, before she started walking towards the locker room.

She entered the locker room and looked around. There were some people in the room, some chatting with their friends, others on their phones.

Marinette frowned once she saw that no one had their face covered. She sighed, and was about to leave the room, but stopped once she saw something.

She headed towards her locker, and could see that there was a paper sticking out from it. She reached for the folded paper and pulled it out, unfolding it and reading what it said with a smile.

Marinette... I don't regret what I did. I don't regret ever sending you back into time. I have done this before... I did this on another person, who had a tragic accident, leading to his death. I sent him back into time, but he failed even in his new life. Marinette, you did amazing.

You were definitely smart about everything; having to risk a few things, whether it was your friendships or your relationship, that was very brave of you. I'm happy to say that you've succeeded and passed, therefore this will be your new life from now on. If you mess up again, which I doubt you would, I won't be there anymore to send you back into time, but I hope you can manage.

As for Lila, there is no way she is going to go back into time. I don't send the bad guys back into time, in hopes that they would change. We both know that Lila would mostly likely want to get revenge if she is given a second chance.

I hope you have a very good life from now on, Marinette. Know who is the bad one and the good one. Change people with your kindness.

From yours truly, Fu.

~~~

Word Count: 950 (including this)
-Edited-

< Completed >