49 - Forty • Nine

"I have to admit - I didn't think it would go that far," Marinette confessed as she looked down with a pensive mood. "I mean, sure it went absolutely great, just like the plan, but, wow... It went too great!"

"Hey, at least they're going to stay away from your back like you wanted," Rose shrugged.

"Chloe is," Marinette nodded. "But I have a feeling that Lila isn't. After what just happened today, Chloe blames Lila and Lila blames me. Chloe is most likely going to try to get Lila back, while Lila is most likely going to try to get me back."

"True," Kim shrugged. He didn't seem like he cared though. "I mean, it would be no problem. You said you've found a way to get by every tricks they pull on you; I don't think any of Lila's tricks is going to work on you anymore. Plus Lila and Chloe deserved it all for being so mean to you as you said."

Marinette hadn't exactly told everyone about her last life, but somehow they figured out that Chloe and Lila were being mean to her. Of course they would; after all she had said she wanted revenge.

"I think it went great," Mylene shrugged. "I mean, I finally got to see Chloe cry. After all those times of making me cry, it was totally worth it."

"Yeah, Chloe crying..." Marinette was really deep in thought. She never thought that Lila meant that much to Chloe. Weren't they just partners in crime? She never knew the two of them were actual best friends.

After everything that had happened, Chloe and Lila had rushed home. Marinette didn't really care about the slap Lila had given her, but she at least knew that Lila had been very angry at her.

Marinette then realized that Adrien wasn't saying anything at all, not being part of the conversation. Instead he was looking down at his lunch, deep in thought.

She tapped his shoulder, making him look up. He didn't really look that happy, he wasn't joining in the conversation as if he wished all of that had never happened.

"You okay?"

"I don't know... I've just never seen Chloe that upset," Adrien admitted. "You're too good at getting back the girls, but after you get revenge on them, what do you plan to do next?"

"I've... I've never really thought it," Marinette sighed. "I was just so busy planning my revenge, I never thought about anything else, well, except you. Adrien... Do you... Somewhat feel bad for the girls?"

"I could care less about Lila," Adrien rolled his eyes. "Even if you never went through with the plan, I know Lila felt that way, and Chloe deserved to know. Chloe on the other hand... I kinda feel bad for her. The last time Chloe cried was when her mother left..."

"Her mother... Left?" Marinette didn't know anything about her mother. She didn't even bother to ask even in her old life. Suddenly she felt her stomach twist in pain. Why do I suddenly feel so bad for her?

Adrien didn't say anything after that.

~~~

After school, Adrien had taken Marinette by her hand and walked with her over to his limo. "I asked Father and he agreed that we could both go see Chloe. What do you think?"

"I agree," Marinette nodded. Once they got to his limo, the window was rolled down and Nathalie's angry face was shown.

"Just because Gabriel agreed to let you come along, doesn't mean that you get to hang out with him whenever you want," She warned. "You better behave!"

Marinette gulped but nodded as she stepped inside the limo with Adrien. It felt like forever since she had gotten inside this limo. She felt Adrien place his hand on hers, and she quickly blushed. Nathalie noticed this but said nothing about it.