✰•blissful latenights•✰

I m a g i n e : Not being able to fall asleep at night but Finn helps you back to bed with him..

Word Count : 1071

a/n : one of my favorite fluffs..🥰

︾❀︾

the night wasn't as silent and steady as it used to be with the harsh storm winds blowing hard on your windows.
although you liked storms, you found it difficult to fall asleep—yet the lightning soothing you along with the stunning flashes of lightning, but this storm was more intense.

you couldn't help but admire the way the rain pattered against the window, creating your own personal lullaby as you silently looked  behind you through the entanglement of limbs that finn enveloped you in.
he had his arms wrapped around you—pressing your back against his bare chest as he snored softly in your ear with his breath spilling onto your neck.

you silently and carefully slipped out of finn's protective grasp around your waist, sliding off the bed with ease before looking down at the still slumbering finn.
you smiled to yourself before you went to the window seat, plump with cushions and pillows to sit on comfortably while you gazed at the calming storm.

your silk nightgown spilled over your legs as you sat down at the window seat, letting yourself just get lost in the infinite raindrops sliding down the glass—making you imagine that they were racing against each other down the pane.
you didn't notice your boyfriend stir awake at the nightmare and loss of your warmth beside him, making him panic when he fully awoke to see your side of the bed empty and cold.

he sat up quickly, the covers of the bed falling off his chest as he frantically searched around the room for you out of a moment of fear that his nightmare could've actually come true.
his eyes searched the room but once they glazed over to you, he exhaled with relief.

"baby.."
finn called out to you, his voice scratchy from not having spoke through the night.

you turned your head away from the mesmerizing night's rain to see finn leaning sideways on his elbow against his pillow, rubbing his eyes as he stared yearningly at you.

"come back to bed, it's late.."
he requested, yawning as he stretched his arms out for you to jump in to, but you just smiled from your perched position by the window.

"i can't sleep."
you mumble, shrugging while you saw finn's expression change from sleepy to entreating.

"come back, i'll help you. i won't be able to fall asleep without you."
finn admitted, wanting nothing more than to have you back in his arms as a comfort because in his nightmare, he had lost you.
he needed to feel that you were real and still with him.

with a blushing and curling smile, you eagerly slipped off your window's seat to snuggle back into your bed.
finn's arms engulfed you around your waist, feeling his legs tangle with yours as he wanted little to no space between you two.
you felt his forehead pressed against yours as he sighed shakily as he was now convinced that the nightmare was, in fact, a dream.

"baby..what's wrong?"
you whisper, your fingers tilting finn's chin to make his golden brown eyes meet yours in a locking gaze.
finn seemed anxious but was soon calmed with the gentle touch of your fingers against his cheek that comforted him countless times.

"just a bad dream.."
finn replied, his voice seeping with a sigh of relief that you were his and always would be.

you were beautiful as you pierced him daggers of e/c, feeling his cheek curl against the tips of your fingers—his lips forming into his soft and dreamy smile.
finn's hand slid up from it's resting position on your waist, finding its way up your arm to cup your hand with his own.
he gently held your hand as it was still resting against his cheek, moving your hand slowly while his eyes shot his own daggers of brown as his lips placed a gentle kiss to your palm.

you smiled as you found yourself giggling as finn kissed your face all over, silently mapping your infinite features of pure beauty that was his alone to explore.
like the ocean and it's vastness—it's beauty; he had not explored all of you, but you were his to solve.

"god, i love you.."
finn's husky voice was enough to send your heart's thumps through the roof, making your cheeks rosy with blush.
his eyes were locked in a gaze with yours as he smiled like a fool so deeply in love that he couldn't even contain himself.

his heart was in your hands.

"i love you too."
your voice dripped with a hypnotizing sweetness, making finn's own cheeks rise in its blushed colors—his freckles becoming more apparent to your liking.

your heart was in his hands.

finn's fingers trailed along your jawline, lingering on your lips before his own lips pressed ever so slightly to your own.
his lips were chapped—tasting like the mix of spearmint and his favorite soda.

within the pure euphoric trance that finn's lips put you under, you found him smiling against the kiss—it was a simple touch.

it was simple, it was bliss.

goosebumps rippled against your skin as his hand just lingered along your waist, holding you protectively against him subconsciously.

nothing else seemed to matter in that small room that night besides the two lovers that couldn't seem to taste enough of each other.

no sleep seemed to come until you parted lips with finn with a blissful sigh, letting your eyes lose themselves in finn's eyes' endless seas of honey brown color—sinking your face into his chest before fluttering your eyes shut.

the sounds of rain aided you into a state of slumber, but the only sound you really listened to was the sound of the steady heartbeat of finn's as he begun to fall asleep—his heart's rhythmic thumps providing your personal lullaby.

»»————-  ————-««

a/n : OKAY. kinda loved this one.. ;)

THE FLUFF !!

i used a few references from the podcast dkmh
because come on, it's art.

why am i so impatient that i'm already whining for ST4

MORE REQUESTS + SMUTS coming your way soon..

love y'all, thank you all so much for the endless support !!