✰•freckled cheeks•✰

..

I m a g i n e : Finn being the most popular guy in school but he finds you the most interesting..

[ fluff ! ]

Word Count : 2941

︾❀︾

'and remember students, in one week, we have the homecoming game for our football team as well as the formal dance that follows it—tickets are selling quickly, so be sure to get yours asap and join us on that special night with that special someone ! '

"special someone? ha, she's funny."
you snickered with your friend, sam who just happened to be sitting next to you while you listened to the morning announcements on the intercom of the classroom.

"this school is so cheesy. you got a date?"
you continued, watching as your friend's eyes flickered nervously.

she seemed to be nervous to tell you something, and instantly you felt
semi-betrayed because you two planned on going together— without dates.
"you do, don't you?"

"yeah..i'm going with quincy! he asked me yesterday and gave me a bouquet of flowers.."
she blushed, thinking back to the sweet moment at lunch.

you couldn't help your jaw as it hung open at the news that she was going with quincy..aka, the hot best friend of the high school jock and heartthrob known as finn 'the curls' wolfhard.

you weren't usually the one to gawk and drool over jocks, but finn wolfhard was the only exception.

you had a few classes with him, and he and you would always talk and create light conversation and make jokes with each other.

he was a good friend of yours.

he probably already got asked to the dance by tons of popular girls—tons of pretty girls that he's probably gonna go with.

however, there was no way you would let anyone know about your secret crush on him.

it soon became apparent to you that your little fantasy that he might go with you, was never gonna happen.

he was just a friend to you, and nothing more.

he wouldn't let his reputation be ruined by going to homecoming with a girl that isn't that popular, would he?

but there was no way you would let your 'could care less about guys' attitude be threatened.

so you didn't mention anything to your friend, sam.

"nice, dude."
you complimented the best you could, fully knowing you might be attending the dance as a third-wheel.

the bell rang for passing period in which your next class was history—with finn.

you saw that all the people on the football team were dressed formally today as a reminder that they're playing a pre-game today since it's the friday before homecoming week.

and when you walked into mr.keery's history class, you just about drooled when you saw finn in his own button up shirt and tie—a tight shirt enough to see what muscles he actually had.