School

𝕰𝖒𝖒𝖆'𝖘 𝕻.𝕺.𝖁

I woke up to pounding on my door. I groaned and rolled over.

"Emma Jackson! Wake up, you're going to miss the bus!" Grandpa yelled.

I sighed and threw my covers off. I opened to door and met him with a scowl and head of messy red hair. He laughed and walked into the kitchen. I shut the door and began getting ready for school. I slipped on a new pair of jeans without rips. Then I dug around for that gray guitar shirt. I put that on, tied it in the front because it was too long, and put my denim jacket over it. I tied my converse and went into the bathroom. I brushed my mane of red semi-straight hair until it looked nice and sat on my shoulders. It was about two feet long. I briefly thought about cutting it but decided not to. I did my makeup and ran a straightener I found under the sink through my hair. Just so it didn't get super frizzy and crazy in the hot sun. I grabbed my backpack and slung it over one shoulder.

I felt fairly confident about this new school. Sure, I probably wasn't going to talk to anyone and be mostly my quiet introverted self, but sometimes my extroverted self decides to say hello. I just have to see where the day takes me. I met Grandpa in the kitchen. He was just finishing up some eggs.

"Where's the bus stop at?" I asked.

"Did you not see the sign on your walk yesterday?" He asked.

"I was... Preoccupied.." I said, eating my eggs.

"If you walk right down the road to the left, same as the direction towards town, you'll find the bus stop right before you cross the street to the next sidewalk." Grandpa explained.

I nodded as I finished my eggs. I popped a piece of mint gum into my mouth and kissed my grandpa on the cheek.

"Have a great day!" He said.

"I'll do my best." I said.

I opened the door and stepped outside. The morning air was crisp and moist. The sun was just rising, so the sky was still a nice mixture of blue and gray. I walked down to the bus stop and noticed nobody else was there. This did seem like an older people neighborhood. The bus finally approached and I boarded. I looked for an empty seat, which was quiet easy. Not a lot of people were on this bus. I sat down near the very back and put my backpack on my lap. The bus ride was about seven minutes long before we arrived at the high school.

The school was decently big. I had noticed yesterday while shopping, a few people were dressed wealthier, but I figured every place has those two or three rich families. But here, there were A LOT more rich looking people. I figured I'd try and stay away from them. And the less wealthy kids. Overall they all gave off bad vibes. Multiple cars were parked everywhere. I saw mustangs and T-birds and many others. People walked around everywhere.