Surgery

𝔈𝔪𝔪𝔞'𝔰 𝔓.𝔒.𝔙

When I woke up the next morning, the rest of the guys were awake and had all started doing their daily activities. Ponyboy was still sitting beside me while I slept. I was still in Dally's jacket and in the light, you could see all the dried blood, but I didn't care. I sat up and brushed my hair out of my face. I was thankful it was still straightened because I did not feel like dealing with my curls today.

"Morning babe." Pony said.

I looked up at him and he had huge bags under his eyes.

"Did you get any sleep last night?" I asked.

"Not really. Non of us did. Darry got up a few times to check in on Dal', Soda just couldn't sleep in general, and I was up majority of the night worrying about you and Janell." He said, rubbing his eyes.

"I'm sorry..." I said.

"Don't be."

"How's Janell?" I asked.

"I talked to her last night while we were in the hospital. She was okay, just tired and worried like the rest of us."

"What about the baby?"

"False alarm." He answered.

"That's good..." I starred down at my boot.

"You're not supposed to sleep in these, are you?" I asked.

Pony yawned. "I think it's fine. Why does it hurt?"

"A little.... I'll ask the doctor later when we go to the hospital." I said.

Pony leaned his head back and sighed. I felt awful that he was up all night. I shifted over and wrapped my arms around his torso, laying my head on his chest. I felt his hand come around my back and rub it.

Soda came into the living room and looked at him concerned.

"He okay?" He asked.

I nodded. "Just tired." I replied. He nodded.

I rubbed his stomach and looked up at him. "Do you wanna go to sleep?" I asked.

He lifted his head up and kissed my head. "Nah. I've been more sleep deprived than this before." He said, then got up and walked into the kitchen.

I went to get up to get myself food but he sensed me being stubborn and told me not to move. I crossed my arms and waited for him to come back into the living room. He laughed at my expression and handed me some food. I ate quietly but quickly. I wanted to wash my face and get dressed so we could go see Dally.

"Try not to choke." Darry said, watching me stuff my face from the kitchen table.

Sodapop walked out of his room dressed in jeans and an old tank top. "I'll see you guys later. Steve and I are gonna get to work on Emma's car." He said, then walked out the front door. After Ponyboy and I finished eating, he went to get dressed and I went to the bathroom to wash my face. I threw the jacket down on my bed after I was finished in the bathroom so I could get dressed.