Wedding pt. 2

𝔇𝔞𝔩𝔩𝔶'𝔰 𝔓.𝔒.𝔙

I woke up to my alarm clock and sat up. The wedding was at seven. It was nine o'clock in the morning. The house was silent, which was kind of weird but also nice at the same time. I got up, got dressed, ate breakfast and grabbed my tuxedo. I was going to spend the day at the Curtis house getting ready and all that.

By the time I drove over there, it was already around eleven. I walked into the house and they were all chilling in the living room.

As soon as I walked in, all eyes fell on me and I knew exactly what they were thinking. I hadn't told them that I was planning on asking Emma to be my best "man" because I wasn't sure she'd say yes.

"Dal', I think it's time you-" Darry started.

"Pick a best man?" I asked.

"Uh- yeah."

"Already did."

"Who?!" Soda asked, perking up.

"Emma." I answered, hanging my tuxedo with everyone else's.

"But isn't she already a bridesmaid?" Pony asked.

"I already talked to Janell about all that. She's the best man now."

"Woman." Pony corrected.

"Don't make me send you to a wedding with a bruised face." I threatened.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed." He muttered to himself.

"I mean it." I warned, walking into the kitchen to grab a beer.

"We finished decorating last night. Evie approved and she's studying for interior design so that's a big plus." Steve said, eating cake.

"Good deal. Also save room for later man, Jesus Christ."

"Yeah you're gonna end up with a stomach ache later." Soda added.

"I highly doubt that." He argued. I rolled my eyes.

"So has anybody here been to a wedding before?" I asked.

Nobody raised a hand.

"Fantastic."

"Why?" Johnny asked.

"I ain't got a clue what I'm supposed to do." I said, plopping onto the couch.

"It'll be okay, Dal', it's not a big traditional wedding so it's not like there's a lot of pressure." Two-Bit said.

"Yeah aside from the fact that this is the biggest day of my life and especially Janell's and I want it to be special for her." I added with a shrug like it was no big deal.

Darry smacked him on the head with a paper towel roll.

"Ow! Why are you always hitting me?!" Two-Bit yelled.

"Because you're an idiot and someone needs to knock some sense into you." Darry responded.

"You ever think maybe you're just making me idioter?" Two-Bit barked back.

"What?-" Pony asked.

"Idioter. Y'know...more of an idiot? Duh."

Darry smacked him again.

"Okay enough. We need to start getting ready and going to the barn." I said.

We all grabbed our tuxedos and got ready. Johnny, Soda, Darry and I all had bow ties. Pony, Two-Bit and Steve wanted ties. Personally I think everyone looked good in what we picked. We all wore black blazers and white suits except Two-Bit and Steve. Two-Bit's whole outfit was more cream and tan colored with a dark brown tie and Steve's blazer was a light gray and his tie was red. There wasn't really any specific tuxedo color we wanted anybody to get.