Welcome Home Kennedy

A/N
Hope y'all enjoyed the last chapter, I'm glad I finally posted it. It was like lifting a weight off my shoulder. I do have a favor to ask. Since the story is coming close to an end, (there still may be a part two, I've already started writing it, now hopefully I can keep up with it), if you enjoyed it, please recommend it to others who like The Outsiders! You don't have to, it isn't mandatory or any shit like that. I'm not really into self promotion. But if you would like to, then that's awesome. This story has been flopping quiet a lot so it would be nice to get some more reads in, but like I said, entirely up to you. :)
~Bri ( ˘ ³˘)♥︎

𝕰𝖒𝖒𝖆'𝖘 𝕻.𝕶.𝖁

I woke up around two. I could hear the TV and sink water running. I figured Darry was doing the dishes while someone watched TV. It was definitely quite the New Years. Janell going into labor on New Years Eve then having the baby on New Years Day. That's definitely gonna make for a fun birthday when Kennedy gets older. I rolled over into my back and stretched my arms upward and out. My window was slightly opened because I liked the fresh air. My curtains blew with the afternoon breeze. January 1st, 1967. Another year closer to 1970.

Boy am I excited to see where we'll be by then. I sat up and ran my fingers through my hair. It was kind of chilly so I grabbed my robe and put my slippers on. I brushed my hair and then went into the living room. Soda was sitting on the couch watching TV with Taylor cuddled up beside him. She smiled at me and I smiled back. I couldn't wait for all of us girls to spend a day together.

I went into the kitchen to make myself some coffee but Darry stopped me.

"Coffee machine is broken." He said.

"What? How?" I asked.

"I don't know, why don't we ask Sodapop. The man who is apparently now the biggest coffee drinker in the house." Darry said.

"It was an accident! I was super tired and accidentally put rice instead of coffee grounds into the machine and it got clogged I guess." He yelled from the living room. "Which was a blessing in disguise because I was about to use shaving cream as whipped cream."

I shook my head and Darry handed me a gas station bag.

"What's this?" I asked.

He just nodded towards it so I opened it and pulled out a bag of sour candies and a bottled coffee.

"You memorized my gas station order!" I said.

"I memorized the whole gangs gas station order." He said.

I smiled and put the candies back in my room, then sat in the arm chair, sipping my coffee.

"So how have you been, Taylor?" I asked.

"Pretty good. I've been keeping busy with studies and such. You?"

"Good. Been tired and stressed but that's normal, y'know?" I said with a shrug.

"Congrats on the baby, by the way." She said.

"Thanks!"

The door opened and the house immediately went from quiet and peaceful to loud and obnoxious. Steve and Two-Bit came marching in singing "Twist and Shout" and the top of their lungs, kicking their shoes off. The wrapped their arms around each other and walked in unison with their outer arms punching the air.