Bowling Allies and Hospitals

A/N
Just a heads up, this is a pretty long chapter. About 5,000 words. But its also an important chapter. Enjoy!
𝕰𝖒𝖒𝖆'𝖘 𝕻.𝕺.𝖁

The next few days were a blur. I spent my days at school testing for the end of the year, and then hanging out with the gang and studying. School finally ended yesterday. The school was practically buzzing for summer. I went back to the Curtis house with Ponyboy and we were trying to make plans for today. Darry, Soda, and Steve all had work. Two-bit was going to spend the day with his mom and sister, so just me, Pony, Johnny, and Dally were free.

"Whadya guys wanna do?" Dally had asked.

"Nothing illegal." Pony remarked.

"Yeah, yeah. I know you can't get in with the cops. Chill." Dally rolled his eyes.

"You got any ideas, Johnnycakes?" Pony asked.

"Nope."

I leaned deeper into the couch cushions and thought. Finally Dally came up with something.

"I just remembered, Curly and Tim are headed to the bowling ally tonight to hustle some people. Maybe we'll head down there at a point and hang out and play a few games." Dally suggested.

We all nodded. I was kind of excited to meet Tim and Curly. They seemed like okay people. Dally talks about them a lot. Dally and I have gotten real close. Despite what I said about having a bad feeling about him, he's not a bad guy, like Pony said. He walks me home every night to make sure I don't get jumped. I told him I was fine but he insisted. I enjoy it though. We talk about a lot of things.

Besides Pony, I'm closest to him out of the whole gang. But not by much. The gang has pretty much excepted me as their little sister. It's funny when we walk around town because the always want me in the middle of the bunch. And anytime some greaser or Soc guy tries to pick me up, they glare cold looks at em' which always amuses me.

The next day I spent the morning with Grandpa. We talked about school and the gang. I never really said much about the gang. Usually I would come home and he'd be asleep. So I'd get to sleep and then be off to school the next morning. So this was the most I'd mentioned them. He seemed to really like them and was happy I had found a group who respect me, and also protect me. I named off each member and he smiled brightly until I named off Dally.

"Dallas Winston?" He asked with a frown.

"Yeah... I know what you're thinking. He's bad news and I should stay away."

"That's exactly what I'm thinking." He said.

"He's a good kid Grandpa. Did you know the first night I was there and walked home I got jumped by some Socs?" I asked.

Grandpa's eyes went wide.

"Dal' chased em' off. And since then he's walked me home every night. And he's super protective. Not just over me, over everyone. Before we started talking he said 'if you cross anyone in this gang, I'll come after you' or something along those lines. He's real sweet." I explained.

Grandpa's face softened. "Alright. As long as he treats you good." He said.

I laughed. "It's not like we're dating." I said.