New Home

𝕻𝖔𝖓𝖞'𝖘 𝕻.𝕺.𝖁

I sat down on the couch with my breakfast. Two-bit and Johnny were sitting on the floor deciding what show to put on. As usual, Two-bit suggested Mickey. I don't what the guy loved so much about him. I personally liked Goofy. He was just so carefree. Dally likes Donald only because he's such a hothead and Dal' thinks its stupidly funny.

Emma's door opened and she walked outside, rubbing her eyes and yawning. God, she was too cute. She was wearing red plaid pajama pants and what I was assuming one of her grandpa's shirts. Her hair was still a wreck, but she pulled it off.

"Mornin' sunshine!" Two-bit said excitedly.

"Hey Two." She said through her yawn.

"How'd you sleep?" Johnny asked.

"Eh. Good enough given the current situations." She said.

Darry came into the living room.

"Oh good. You're up. I made breakfast. Once you've eaten, get ready to meet with the town hall." Darry said.

"Jeez. Can't a girl get ten minutes to wake up?" She said grumpily, making a plate of breakfast.

"Welcome to the Curtis house. There is no sleeping in or waking up." Johnny said.

She snorted and said down beside me.

"How was your first night?" I asked.

She starred at the TV for a second and then spoke up.

"It was okay. Everything was perfect and comfortable, just my own thoughts kept me awake." She said.

"Yeah I get that. My first few weeks after Mom and Dad died were like that."

"How'd you move on?" She asked.

I thought about it long and hard.

"Well. I had Darry and Sodapop. And the rest of the gang. We were all heart broken so we definitely knew how the others felt and were going through the same things. So we all know what you're feeling right now." I answered.

She nodded and continued eating.

The door slammed open and Steve walked in. Emma wasn't expecting it or used to it so she almost choked from being startled.

"Mornin'. Where's Pepsicola?"

Emma mouthed to herself with one eyebrow raised "Pepsicola?"

I noticed her so I decided to explain it.

"Soda's nickname." I said.

"Oh! That makes sense."

"Morning Steve. I think he's still in bed." Two-bit said.

"Well what's he doin' still in bed?! We've got places to be!" Steve said, grabbing a slice of cake.

"Cake for breakfast?" Johnny asked.

"Relax. I had a donut on the way here." Steve answered, already with a face full of cake.

"Steve if you don't work on your sweets addiction, I'll be cramming some protein and veggies and fruits down your throat." Darry said.

"Yeah yeah." Steve brushed it off and set down his plate, running into Pony's room to wake up Soda.

There were voices of arguing, laughter, and insults. Eventually there was a loud thud which I assumed was Soda throwing Steve off the bed.