Influences

𝕰𝖒𝖒𝖆'𝖘 𝕻.𝕺.𝖁

Harley led me out of my window. Before I followed I locked my door and turned off my lamp. Peanut calmed down and went back to sleep on my bed. I met Harley in the street in front of the house.

I followed him quietly for a few minutes. I was thinking about a lot of things. Where were we going? What if the gang found out? Were we dating? Does Harley like me? Do I like Harley?

I was beyond confused and worried. Finally I spoke up.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"To meet some friends." He answered.

"Where at?" I asked.

"The Dingo." He said.

Ponyboy and Johnny told me about the Dingo. It was a hangout for most greasers to talk and eat. I wondered why we were going there.

"The Dingo? Ain't they closed?" I asked.

"Probably. But we're not going inside. We're meeting a couple buddies and going to their apartment." He said.

"Apartment?" I asked.

"Yeah. One of the guy's is about Dal's age. He's got an apartment right now that we all hang out in." Harley explained.

I crossed my arms. "Hmm. Interesting." I was slightly sketched out, but Harley wouldn't put me in danger, so I wasn't too worried. Regardless, I was still on edge. I hoped wherever we were going I wouldn't run into someone I knew. I can't risk getting in trouble with Darry.

We walked all the way down to the Dingo and Harley whistled a certain toon. The toon was finished off in the distance so we walked towards it. Our gang had something similar that Two-bit taught em'.

We met up with three boys. One was tall and handsome and had a cigarette between his lips. His gaze was cool and sharp, but unsettling. Another boy was around my height with long greasy black hair. He was wearing a thick leather jackets, jeans, and boots. He starred at me with a smirk, looking in places he shouldn't have been. The last one was the same height as the first kid. He wasn't as good looking though. He wore a denim jacket and blue jeans with converse.

Harley introduced me to them.

"Emma, this is my gang." He said. He pointed to the tall one in the denim jacket. His name was Bryan. The good looking one was Jacob and the short one in leather was named Max.

"Jacob is gonna take us to his apartment." Harley said.

I raised and eyebrow at him, then shrugged, following the boys, keeping my hands in my pocket of my jacket, resting one hand on the hilt of my blade. Just in case. For some reason Tulsa nights, even in the summer were still pretty cold. The walk to the apartment wasn't that long. I wondered why we'd go there instead of a movie or hang out around town or something. The apartment was in a sketchy neighborhood. It was also very run down. The room smelt funny. I knew that smell immediately.

Alcohol.

"Harley?" I asked.

"Yeah?"

I turned around and Harley was already opening a bottle of booze. I knew this wasn't a good idea. Jacob, Bryan and Max were also opening their own bottles of beer. There was a hint of another smell too that I couldn't place, but it was definitely one of the smells my parents reeked of.

"What are we doing here?" I asked Harley.

"Look. You've been upset lately. Like, REALLY upset. This'll cool you off and loosen you up a bit." Harley said.