chapter eleven

ethan~

"$10 if you belly flop right now," i offer a deal with riley and she seems to think about it.

suddenly, she stops in the middle of the trail and puts the cooler down.

she pulls her long t shirt over her head and my mind can't help but wander.

stop. i tell myself you need to stop.

she's wearing a violet bikini, nothing super revealing.

it's quite plain, but still so captivating for some reason.

"$10?" she asks, mischievous smile and bright glint in her eyes.

"deal."

she takes off running and i quickly pull out my iphone camera.

she does a leap off the riverbed and does a full on belly flop.

she emerges from the water spitting and laughing.

"that was good," i admit and stop the video.

"$10 bucks bitch," she saunters over to me and holds out her hand.

"i can only give you a high five for now," i say and slap her palm, "but once i get my wallet, fine."

"where'd you post that?" she motions to my phone

"the video?"

"yeah."

"my snapchat story."

"you should probably block my brother from seeing it then," she shrugs and shakes her hair out.

"i don't get what the big deal is," i sigh and block him from viewing my story.

"he's just-" riley struggles to find the right words, "weird i guess? about me hanging around guys. even if they're just my friends."

friend.

"yeah," i cough, "i get that."

we're silent for a few seconds until she says, "wanna hop in?"

"i'll do more than hop," i say and peel my shirt over my head.

i take a running start, just like she did, and instead of bellyflopping, i do a front flip.

"showoff!" she shrieks and splashes in after me.

we come up from under the water and i flip my hair back, making water shoot behind me.

"that," she says while wiping her eyes of water, "is how you start the first weekend of college."

"hell yeah!" i grin

she swims closer to me and for some reason, my heartbeat gets a little quicker.

"what is there even to do in here?" she looks around

"try not to get bitten by snakes."

her head snaps up and looks at me with terrified eyes.

"i'm kidding," i laugh, "kind of."

"what do we do if either of us get bitten by a deadly snake?" she dramatically throws her head back

"hm," i think, "well the first thing you do is prop it up, then i guess you just suck the venom out."

"ew really?" she looks at me again

"i would like to think if i got bitten you'd put away your disgust and suck the venom out from my leg," i narrow my eyes and splash her lightly