chapter twenty-nine

(A/N: i really hate writing dirty stuff i'm sorry but i do so this is just afterwards)

riley~

i wipe sweat beads off my forehead and catch my breath.

it didn't help that the room was already steamy.

i shake out the loose ponytail ethan did and wrap the hair tie around my wrist again.

"ethan?" i call out

he quietly went around the corner a few minutes after we both finished.

"hey," he pops around the corner again, small smile on his face, "i found some towels and stuff so we can shower."

i follow him to the showers and he turns the shower head of one of them on.

he motions for me to step in and he follows right after.

"thank you," i say after a few moments

"for what?"

"for... that." i say kind of awkwardly

he only chuckles softly and says, "that was all you."

i turn him around by his shoulders and grab the complimentary shampoos on the small shelf.

i squirt some on my hands and reach up, massaging it in his hair.

i hear him sigh contently, which makes me smile.

he swivels around and makes eye contact with me.

"turn-"

"i want to look at you." he whispers

i blush, but keep lathering the soap into his hair.

when i'm done, he does the same to me.

it feels really good. relaxing.

i hate how i can just fall at ethan's knees at the drop of a hat, but at the same time i love it.

"so what about wyatt?" i ask, my voice echoing throughout the locker room.

"what about him?" ethan asks and guides me under the water and rinses out the conditioner.

"he's my brother... and your best friend."

"he said he doesn't love us together, but he said if that's what you really want then he's okay with it. he only wants you to be happy, ry."

i frown a little, sad that wyatt still doesn't support us.

"i feel bad not doing what wyatt wants." i sigh, running my hand through the hair on the back of his head.

"but what do you want?" he asks, bringing my waist closer to him and staring into my eyes.

"you."

he lets the words hang in the air and dissolve.

him.

i want him.

"well then riley kate," he smiles slightly, maintaining a low voice, "would you do the the honors of being my girlfriend."

"this isn't how we planned it." i tease

"some things don't work out like they're supposed to," he whispers and tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear.

i breathe in this moment with him.

i want it to last forever.

"if that's so..." i say, stepping a little closer and standing on my toes, "then it'd be my pleasure."

he smiles and lifts my chin up, making contact with my lips once again.

it isn't an aggressive or deep kiss, but a light one. one that feel like i'm floating in a sea of feathers.

i think it's my favorite one so far.

i pull away and rest my forehead against his.

we only retract when the water starts to get cold.

ethan turns off the shower head and steps out, holding a towel.

"come here," he motions his head towards it.

i step in and he wraps it around me, giving me a hug as well.

hugs from behind >>

he dries off and wraps his towel around his waist, and quite frankly, i preferred no towel.

"so," ethan says, "it's late."

"yeah," i frown, knowing soon we'd have to part ways and go to bed.

but how? so much adrenaline ran through me tonight.

"it's monday tomorrow." ethan sighs

"school."

"can we honestly just drop out?" i giggle

"if we reallly want," ethan winks

"i don't think my mom would be happy."

"that's exactly why," ethan says, picking up my swimsuit, "we should get to bed."