Chapter 24: Alexy's POV

"Armin. Armin, wake up!" Armin groaned and turned over. "Armin, I am going to be making my debut as a stylist today and you are not going to miss it!"

"Dude, let me sleep, the sun's not even up," he moaned into his pillow and I huffed in annoyance.

"Some brother you are. You better be at school to see her!"

"Mmm," he mumbled noncommittally.

Only a second passed before he was already snoring again. I turned both my alarm and his phone's alarm on, leaving them on either side of his head.

"Let's see you sleep through that," I said wickedly before leaving him behind.

Grabbing my backpack, I quickly walked the short distance to Opal's apartment. When she had brought me there for dinner last night I was thrilled to see we lived so close. Her aunt was pretty much the coolest human being on the planet. I couldn't believe how much she knew about the fashion industry and when she had offered to introduce me to a stylist... I'd never had an adult accept me so completely in so little time.

I tried to keep my excitement under control but ended up taking the stairs up to their apartment two at a time. When I rang the doorbell, the door opened almost immediately. Opal was standing in the doorway, covering a small yawn, and I marveled at her perfect features. Big eyes, small nose, high cheekbones, the most beautiful fair skin I have ever seen, and a nice body shape. Not to mention she was kind and went along with anything I suggested: A stylist's dream.

"Oh, sorry, Alexy. Come on in."

"Thanks. So, I was wondering, how well does your hair hold a curl?"

Opal shrugged while rubbing her eyes sleepily before she smiled at me and mumbled through a yawn, "I'm not sure. I haven't ever tried to curl my hair."

My mouth dropped open in shock. How could a beautiful girl like this not experiment with different hairstyles?

"Then... do you own a curling iron?" I asked with worry.

"I do."

I looked up with a relieved smile to see Ms. Sato come out in a red silk robe holding a curling iron and a small white box with five drawers all holding different kinds of makeup. She grinned at me and I gazed at her in awe.

"Most stylists don't do the makeup and hair, but I want to see what you've got. Let's get started."

"Awesome! Opal, go put your dress on."

When Opal came back in the dress, Ms. Sato clapped and nodded in approval. We then guided Opal into her bathroom and sat her down in front of the vanity. Ms. Sato sat on the counter and gave me an encouraging look.

"May I?" I asked while pointing to Ms. Sato's makeup.

"Of course! The bottom drawer has foundation and blush that will match Opal's skin tone."

"Auntie! When did you buy that? I don't even use makeup."

I barely kept my surprise from showing as I looked at Opal's nearly flawless skin.

"You don't need it, sweetheart, but I bought it just in case there is a special occasion... like you get asked to a dance or something." Ms. Sato interrupted Opal's retort to ask me, "So what colors are you going to use?"

"I was thinking purple and if you have any sparkles...?"

Ms. Sato grinned at my open-ended question before opening the top drawer and pulling out a small tube of liquid sparkles. I placed it on the counter reverently and opened the bottom drawer. Honestly, I didn't have much experience with doing makeup, but I had watched tons of youtube tutorials.