Happy New Year

I was so excited for tonight, I had never had a boyfriend on New years eve. I couldn't wait to kiss Brooke at midnight. I trawled through my wardrobe looking for something glamorous to wear... Blair was throwing a huge party tonight at a super fancy hotel. Loads of people were invited, celebrities, non celebrities and little old me. Even my mum would be tagging along! I growled-screamed in frustration at my lack of spangly outfits. Man I needed some sparkle, and I needed it fast.

My mum knocked quietly on my door, " Hey Ash, can I come in?" I yelled for her to enter and she stormed in theatrically. She was doing a terrible job of hiding a massive box behind her back.

"I know you've been trying to find a dress for a while now, I also know you had no luck. Even though I'm sure you have something amazing  hidden in there, I wanted to treat you. So I got you this..."
Mum thrust the box at me, as I took it she began clapping her hands and chanting for me to open it. I laid the box on my bed and took off the lid, I peeled back the layers of tissue paper and squeeled.

"Oh My God mum. It's perfect. It's fricking perfect. You're amazing, I love you so much!" I skipped over and embraced her tightly. She laughed at my enthusiasm and kissed me on the forehead,

"I'll leave you and the dress alone. Get ready and I'll see you soon." She wiggled her fingers playfully as she left me alone with dress.
I pulled it out of the box fully and I was in awe. The pale yellow colour was beautiful, it was a one shoulder Grecian style dress with a swarovski crystal embellishments. I have never seen anything so perfect or glamorous in my life.

 I have never seen anything so perfect or glamorous in my life

I slipped the dress on, viewing myself in the mirror. It was perfect; the size, the length, the colour. Everything. I did my makeup and curled my hair...

 I did my makeup and curled my hair