Chapter 38

Ashton's POV

Ari seemed so much happier when she came back downstairs, I was going to ask what she was doing but I decided to tell her that I love her instead, because I am. I'm in love with her.

When I was younger I used to be excited about coming to see Ariana, by this point we were 13, this day in particular hurt me, her mum told me that Ariana was upset and she wished me luck to getting into her room, something was wrong.

I knocked on her bedroom door and waited for an answer, "its me, Ash" I said quietly, she mumbled a quiet "come in". I opened the door and she had her legs pulled up to her chest, she was in tears.

I sat beside her and moved her legs, her cheek was tear stained, "whats wrong?" I remember my voice was cracking because it hurt seeing her like this. Calum had texted me saying "Nathan broke up with her".

I was shocked and I pulled her into my arms, I kissed her forehead and wiped her tears. "Hes no good, he doesnt see what he is missing, your beautiful, funny, adorable, your my bestfriend, hes made the biggest mistake of his life, hes lost the best thing he had, anyone who has you is lucky"

She looked up at me and she had a big smile spread across her face , she leant in and I did the same, our lips locked and we kissed for a few seconds before pulling away.

I was falling for my bestfriend, I had not realised this before, probably because I never had a relationship before, Ariana was my first kiss, luckily she didnt kiss Nathan, so I was her first kiss aswell. 

I left an hour later, she was now smiling and she was back to normal. I repeated in my head 'Im falling for my bestfriend' many times until I got home.'

I was falling for my best friend! Now, I have fallen for my best friend, I don't think I've ever been so happy, my heart flutters when I hear her name, she's always on my mind, she's rarely left it since we became friends, Ariana Louise Rose Hood, even though I didn't know her other middle name, I still knew I was in love with her, that was probably the only thing I didn't know about her.

I also remember the time I went to hang out with calum.

'I walked towards his house, remembering the kiss I shared a few days ago with his sister, "Lets play a video game!" He shouted once I had sat down on the sofa, I nodded. "Can you go get them from Ari, She stole them because she's in a mood with me" I laughed gently before running upstairs.

I knocked on her door and she was sitting on her bed, singing along to the music playing on her computer, "oh hey" she smiled, "Hey beautiful" I replied, Did I really just say that.. She stood up and I put my arms around her waist and we kissed again, it made us both nervous and we both had butterflies.

"Ash, I'm running to the store to get some snacks!" Calum shouted, I said okay and he left, I sat down beside Ariana on the bed and she was writing something on a notepad/diary but wouldn't let me look at it, " show me" I giggled, She smiled and closed it and put it away, She moved closer and I was sitting sideways on the bed facing her and she was in front of me, She leant in and connected our lips again for a few minutes, I bit my lip when we pulled away and she smiled.

I was now standing up to get us a drink when she stood up again and put her arms around me, I pushed her against the wall and snogged her, I couldn't take it anymore, I thought about the video of our first kiss and my sudden happiness was obvious as the kiss became more passionate. 

Calum slammed the front door and began shouting me, I pulled away from Ari, and she handed me the games, "thanks" I smiled, she pulled me in again and locked our lips for a few minutes, I pulled away when he began shouting for me again, I gave her a quick hug and she sighed happily' 

I looked at Ariana who was now laughing at Luke and calum, I admired her beauty and I admired HER. I tightened my grip around her waist, I grew up with a crush on her, I have never stopped being in love with her, I broke up with my girlfriend a few years ago because my feelings were getting harder to hide.

From Mum x

Since you and Ariana are back together, would you like to come for a meal tonight? xxx

To Mum x

Sure xx 

Ariana nodded and kissed my cheek, beth was cooing at us and we both laughed gently. I held her hand and she smiled, "I'm going to get ready then" she eventually spoke up, I nodded and followed her upstairs.

We each took a shower in the two vacant bathrooms. I washed my hair and my body, I got out soon after and wrapped a towel around me, I washed my face and brushed my teeth, she left the bathroom at the same time as me and I grabbed her and pulled her into my arms.

She was smiling and I leant down and kissed her. "See you after" I winked and walked into my room. I dried myself and put some black boxers on, I then put on a white shirt and buttoned it up. I put on my black suit trousers and a matching blazer and tie, I put my vans on and put on my grey bandana.

I messed my hair around a little and sprayed some lynx over myself, I grabbed my phone and jogged downstairs.

Ariana followed wearing a red long sleeved dress which was fitted at the top and poofed out a little on the skirt. It was knee length and she wore black heels with it, her hair followed her figure perfectly and ended by her belly button.

I grabbed my car keys and we went to the car, she looks so beautiful, its distracting me. She kissed me as I started the car up. We made our way to my old house.

I pulled up in the driveway and rushed around to the other side to help ariana get out, she smiled and thanked me. I held her hand in mine as we approached the door, I knocked on since it was locked. We stood infront of the door for about a minute until someone actually came.

I looked down to see my little sister Lauren looking up at both of us. "Hey kiddo!" I smiled and crouched down to her level and gave her a small hug. 

We walked in and closed the door behind us, Harry ran up to us and gave us both a hug, " Im so excited to see you both!" he shouted, Ariana was smiling and my mum and her boyfriend walked into the living room to where we were standing.

"Hello, Take a seat" she smiled and motioned to the dining table, I lead Ariana over and we sat down beside eachother, we had a catch up with Lauren and Harry before dinner was ready, "Ariana is really pretty" Harry whispered, I smiled. " I know." I whispered back and he giggled quietly.

 They brought the dinner out and sat down with us, we all began eating and we had a rather large catch up.  

"Hows your nose now ari?" my mum asked.

"Its okay, the swelling has gone, the bruising has pretty much gone." she replied before eating some more food.

"this is delicious mum!" I shouted, I love my mums cooking, she can cook anything and it will taste amazing, when I came home from school I would always look forward to what mum has cooked for dinner, It was always appetizing, I think Ariana agreed because she used to say the same thing when she came over for dinner after school sometimes. 

"That was amazing thanks so much Anne-marie" Ariana added after we had all finished eating, we both took all of the plates and stuff into the kitchen and put them into the dishwasher.

I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her head, "I love you" she whispered, "I love you too baby" I replied, she leant up to me and planted a kiss against my lips.

An hour later we were back in my car and she was smiling still, she had not stopped smiling since we got there, I turned the car on and drove back to the house quickly.