Di Angelo, Why are you an Idiot?

☀️Will☀️

I was on patrol, well.. Sort off. I was walking around with Lou Ellen and Cecil guarding our borders. So yeah! I was right before, patrol. Then I spotted a short, black haired, pale- Wait is that Nico Di Angelo?
We rushed over towards him, he's back? Does he have the statue!? He's back!!!
"Nico?" I said so intelligently. The son of hades spun around to face me almost decapitating me with his sword.
"Put That Down!" I hissed. "What are you doing here?" Nico looked dumbstruck.
"Me?" Nico asked. "What are you doing? Getting yourselves killed?"
I scowled. "Hey, we're scouting the enemy. We took precautions." I said referring to our camouflage.
"You dressed in black," Nico noted, no shit Di Angelo, "with the sun coming up. You painted your face but didn't cover that mop of blond hair. You might as well be waving a yellow flag."
I could feel my ears redden. "Lou Ellen wrapped some mist around us too."
Lou Ellen spoke up as her name was called. She looked a little flustered but she wiggles her fingers and said, "Hi. You're Nico right? I've heard a lot about you. And this is Cecil from the Hermes cabin."
Nico ignored the introduction, he knelt next to us. "Did coach Hedge make it to camp?"
Lou Ellen giggled nervously. "Did he ever."
In result I elbowed her. "Yeah. Hedge is fine. He made it just in time for the baby's birth." I began to feel uncomfortable remembering what had just happened just an hour ago.
"The baby!" Nico grinned. Has he ever grinned before? I haven't seen him grin in a long time. "Mellie and the kid are all right?"
"Fine. A very cute little satyr boy." I shuddered as the memories came flashing back, never again. Until I get my medical degree. Unless I have no choice. "But I delivered it. Have you ever delivered a baby?"
"Um, no." At this point we were all just uncomfortable. Like really uncomfortable. I shuddered again.
"I had to get some fresh air. That's why I volunteered for this mission. Gods of Olympus my hands are still shaking. See?"
I grabbed Nico's hand... Gods I'm glad I washed my hands. My hand shook and the son of hades quickly withdrew. Probably didn't know I washed my hands.
"Whatever," he snapped. "We don't have time for chitchat. The Romans are attacking at dawn and I've got to-"
I realized he had been looking at the command tent, he looked completely worn out and I could feel the darkness when I touched his hand. Did I wash my hands good enough? I interrupted him. "We know, but if you're planning to shadow travel to that command tent, forget it."
Nico glared at me. I kept my gaze fixed on his, after delivering a baby I felt like anything could be easier. "Excuse me?" He growled.
"Coach Hedge told me all about your shadow-travel. You can't try that again." I returned his harsh gaze.
"I just did try it, Solace. I'm fine."
"No, you're not. I'm a healer. I could feel the darkness in your hand as soon as I touched it. Even if you made it to that tent, you'd be in no shape to fight. But you wouldn't make it. One more slip, and you won't come back. You are not shadow travelling. Doctors orders." I hissed. The last thing we needed was a son of hades lost in the shadows forever. At least if he died he'd go somewhere! Ugh he's so stupid.
"The camp is going to be destroyed-"
"And we'll stop the romans." I said. "But we'll do it our way. Lou Ellen will control the mist. We'll sneak around, do as much damage as we can on those onagers. But no shadow travel."
"But-"
"No."

-after the battle with Gaia-

I waited around the infirmary. I did my job, worked day and night, I couldn't remember the last time I got a decent amount of sleep. I had a job to to, I needed that to be my main focus. I just wished that dam son of Hades would show up.
Would've been good to see a friendly face. I'm not saying my girlfriend isn't friendly, she just never really helps. Well she's a child of Aphrodite, doesn't want to get her hands dirty. I can respect that I guess. I maybe Lou Ellen and Cecil will visit.
Days past. No sign of any of my friends. Even Reba (my girlfriend) showed up less and less.
Then one day... I noticed the little turd son of hades chatting with Jason like it wasn't a big deal he was ghosting me. (Omg I'm so sorry about that pun. I'm truly turning into my dad.)
I waved to him and caught his eye, I was furious. I pointed to the ground by my feet hoping he got the message of. Get here right now you little mother fucking turd head.
I think he got the message cause he came over. He was no longer sporting his tropical t-shirt, he was back to his usual black tee with the skull, though he no longer had his aviator jacket. Good, it's way to warm for that old thing.
"So where were you?" I demanded.
"What do you mean?" Nico asked like he didn't know. Don't act stupid, I can see right though you, you little-
"I've been stuck in the infirmary for like, two days. You don't come by, you don't offer to help." Wait.. had it only been two days? Wow. I'm pathetic.
"I... what? Why would you want a son of hades in the same room as people you're trying to heal? Why would anyone want that?"
"You can't help out a friend? Maybe cut a bandage? Bring me a soda or a snack. Or maybe just a simple how's it going Will. You don't think I can stand to see a friendly face?"
"What... my face?" He said.
Honestly that son of hades is so oblivious. I just want some friends! Is that so hard to ask? No, it's not. Dam you Di Angelo.
"You are so dense." I noted. "I hope you get over that nonsense about leaving Camp Half Blood."
"I- yeah, I did. I mean I'm staying."
"Good so you many be dense, but your not an idiot."
The son of hades narrowed his eyes. "How can you even talk to me like that, don't you know I can summon zombies, and skeletons and-"
"Right now you couldn't even summon a wishbone without melting into a puddle of darkness, Di Angelo." I said. "I told you no more underworld-y stuff. Doctors orders. You owe me at least three days in the infirmary starting now." Ha now I have him trapped he has no choice! Maybe this is why no one visited me.
"Three days? I-I suppose that would be ok." Nico looked like he was gonna be sick.
"Good. Now-" I was interrupted by a certain Percy Jackson woop!
"Be right back, promise of the stix and everything." Then the son of hades walked over to Percy and Annabeth like I didn't matter. Wow thanks Nico.

AU: Most of this chapter is in fact quoted from The Blood Of Olympus, I just changed the perspective. Just in case you missed that. Oh and... How do you guys like Reba 😏 Will's Girlfriend?